Online pureplays in UK Clothing & Footwear
The UK online clothing & footwear pureplay market will grow by £2.5bn in the five years to 2021, reaching a 9.8% share of the total clothing & footwear market. Growth via pureplays will be driven by more regular online purchasing, aided by frequent newness, online exclusives and free and convenient delivery – with Amazon, ASOS and Very.co.uk forecast to grow share.
- The online clothing & footwear market is forecast to account for 24.3% of all online retail spend in 2016, making it the largest online sector ahead of electricals and food & grocery.
- Online pureplays will account for 27.8% of the online clothing & footwear market in 2016.
- Stores remain highly influential in the retail sector – especially for younger shoppers, with 80% of 16-34 year olds’ spend made via physical stores. This puts online pureplays at a distinct disadvantage, and makes expansion into physical retailing more attractive.
- Shop Direct brand Littlewoods is on the decline with a forecast online pureplay clothing & footwear market share of 6.4% in 2016. With significant overlap in terms of product offer with its sister brand Very.co.uk, Littlewoods has lost relevance and destination status in the UK clothing & footwear market.
- Amazon is the best recognized online pureplay and remains front of mind for online shoppers, being viewed as a trusted brand. However, it has achieved somewhat limited success in clothing & footwear, despite a 57.9% online visitor penetration rate, owing to its focus on other products categories such as electricals, entertainment and homewares.
Reasons To Buy
- An overview on the drivers and inhibitors of the UK online clothing & footwear pureplay market
- Summary of the main issues in the online clothing & footwear pureplay market
- Market size and forecast (2011-21e) for the UK online clothing & footwear market
- Online clothing & footwear market share of total clothing & footwear market
- Online clothing & footwear spend per head
- Market size and forecast (2011, 16e, 21e) for the UK online clothing & footwear pureplay market
- Top 10 most visited online clothing & footwear retailers and conversion rates
- Online clothing & footwear pureplays positioning map
- Online clothing & footwear pureplays life cycle
- Retailer profiles and market shares (for both the online clothing & footwear market and the online clothing & footwear pureplays market) for Amazon, ASOS, boohoo.com, Missguided, Very.co.uk, Littlewoods, and Net-a-Porter.
- Utilize the detailed data and insight on the market to help form an effective growth strategy in the online clothing & footwear pureplays market.
- Learn which physical retailing opportunities to seize and how private label ranges play an important role in the success of standalone stores.
- Understand how to get ahead in the market by investing in delivery and returns.
- Identify the opportunities to grow business in this sector by comparing strategies of the key players in the market and their performance metrics.
- Understand how online clothing & footwear spend per head will change over the coming years, and learn which areas of the market are most lucrative for pureplays to target.
- Understand consumers' views on how the weather impacts their shopping behavior in order to minimize its detrimental impact.
- The hot issues
- What people buy
- Where people shop