Insurance Competitor Profile: Aviva
Aviva has 34 million customers worldwide and 16 million (before the deduction of Friends Life Group’s overlapping customers) in the UK. It boasts a presence in 16 countries – outside of the UK, Aviva has a strong presence in Canada, France, Ireland, Spain, and Turkey.This profile offers a review of the company, its business structure and strategy, its financial performance, and a SWOT analysis.
- Aviva is the UK's largest insurer with a total 2014 market share of nearly 10.9% in combined personal and commercial insurance.
- Aviva saw tangible progress across all key metrics in 2015, with both operating profit and combined operating ratio (COR) improving.
- As part of Aviva's strategy to return to distribution through aggregators the group now features on Gocompare.com, Moneysupermarket.com, Confused.com, and Comparethemarket.com.
Verdict Financial’s “Insurance Competitor Profile: Aviva” provides a comprehensive review of the company and its UK business. This includes its structure, its performance in both the commercial and personal lines markets, as well as its marketing and distribution strategy. Key questions answered include:
Reasons To Buy
- What are Aviva’s brands within the group?
- What are Aviva’s strengths and weaknesses?
- What opportunities and challenges does the company face going forward?
- Learn about Aviva’s organizational structure and its core business segments.
- Gain insight into its underwriting and distribution strategy.
- Understand the group's advertising strategy.
- Table Aviva's market share by country, 2014
- Global strategy
- UK strategy
- Commercial strategy
- Personal lines strategy: Quote Me Happy
- Personal lines strategy: General Accident
- Advertising expenditure
- UK GI performance
- Table Aviva saw improvement in all key metrics in 2015
- UK performance
- Table UK general insurance GWP (£m)
- Table UK general insurance COR breakdown, 2013–14
- Performance against peers
- Table Total general insurance
- Table Total personal insurance
- Table Total commercial insurance
- SWOT Analysis
- Abbreviations, acronyms, and definitions