The European Light Vehicle Aftermarket; Regional Analysis 2014 - 2019
Aftermarket players are striving to develop new revenue streams, increase margins and retain existing. The report provides a high level market overview outlining the factors influencing the European Aftermarket – examining the vehicle parc dynamics, how consumers spend within the aftermarket and which channels dominate. The report provides a contextual and historic overview of the market, together with forecast data to 2019.
- 2014 was the year when the automotive industry started to turn a corner and see month after month of solid growth. However, it is worth remembering that it has taken years for the industry to work its way back to a position of strength – and there is still some way to go before the industry is back to the heights that it achieved in the pre-recession years.
- Western Europe’s market is expanding off a low base, and the wider European market recovery remains weak and fragmented.
- The growth that began in 2013 and continued through 2014, has continued into 2015. The European market has now stabilised, and most countries have now returned to growth. Full year figures show that the overall number of new registrations in Europe had grown for the 28th consecutive month.
- The largest European markets ended 2014 strongly, with much of the recent growth being supported by increased registrations in Spain and the UK. Of the Leading Five, Spain recorded the largest increase (+18.1%), followed by the UK (+9.3%), Italy (+4.2%) and Germany (+2.9%), while France remained stable (+0.3%).
- As the number of new registrations has recovered, so too has the European light vehicle aftermarket, which has continued to demonstrate year on year growth. Although levels of growth Y-O-Y fell from 4.2% in 2012/13 to 0.8% in 2013/14, growth levels are predicted to rise steadily in the five years between 2014-2019, with the most significant growth (2.9%) expected to be seen in 2016.
“The European Light Vehicle Aftermarket, Regional Analysis 2013 - 18”, a Trend Report by Verdict Retail, provides an executive-level overview of the European aftermarket, with forecasts of key indicators up to 2018. It delivers a high level overview, providing quantitative and qualitative insight into the European aftermarket, analyzing key trends on component values and volumes, assessing channel share and which product families will see growth and where, based on proprietary data from Verdict Retail’s aftermarket databases.It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
Reasons To Buy
- European parc size and forecast; a look at the total European parc size and forecast for vehicles on the road, and the factors that are driving the market.
- Replacement rate commentary; an overview on the replacement rate of specific components and how that influences the aftermarket.
- Analysis of the European aftermarket by product family; an analysis of the value and volumes of the European aftermarket, with historic and forecast data to 2019.
- Analysis of the European aftermarket by distribution channel; an analysis of the value and volumes of the European aftermarket, with historic and forecast data to 2019
- Analysis of the European aftermarket by product family revenues; regional analysis of which product families are up and which are down within the European aftermarket.
- This Trend Report helps executives understand the high level factors which are driving the European aftermarket.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting high level value and volume data that can be transplanted into presentable material immediately.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help clients to understand the broad dynamics influencing the European aftermarket.
- The report provides a regional analysis allowing different geographies to be compared. .
- Product families
- Distribution channels
- Regions covered
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- CAR PARC DYNAMICS
- Car parc overview
- Car parc growth by region
- Car parc composition by age
- Key findings
- Key findings: parc overview conclusions
- EUROPEAN AFTERMARKET DYNAMICS
- Key drivers
- The profile of vehicle expenditure
- Aftermarket value 2014 - 2019
- Key findings
- EUROPEAN AFTERMARKET VALUE
- Market share
- Spend per car
- Aftermarket value by region
- Key findings
- EUROPEAN AFTERMARKET CHANNEL ANALYSIS
- Aftermarket revenue shares, by channel
- Table European channel share by value, 2014
- Table Change in European channel share by value, 2014 - 2019
- Table Aftermarket revenue by channel and country (%), 2014
- Key findings: distribution channels
- EUROPEAN AFTERMARKET PRODUCT DYNAMICS
- EUROPEAN AFTERMARKET REVENUES BY PRODUCT FAMILY
- Leading Five
- Table Leading Five aftermarket revenue by channel and product family (%), 2014
- Northern Europe
- Table Northern European aftermarket revenue by channel and product family (%), 2014
- Southern Europe
- Table Southern European aftermarket revenue by channel and product family (%), 2014
- Eastern Europe
- Table Eastern European aftermarket revenue by channel and product family (%), 2014
- Western Europe
- Table Western European aftermarket revenue by channel and product family (%), 2014
- Key findings: aftermarket revenue split by product family
- Channel definitions
- Component definitions