The European Light Vehicle Aftermarket, Regional Analysis, 2013 - 18; Market size, market forecast and recommendations
Aftermarket players are striving to develop new revenue streams, increase margins and retain existing. The report provides a high level market overview outlining the factors influencing the European Aftermarket – examining the vehicle parc dynamics, how consumers spend within the aftermarket and which channels dominate. The report provides a contextual and historic overview of the market, together with forecast data to 2018.
- Following the European financial crisis of 2008, the European light vehicle aftermarket continued to demonstrate year-on-year growth. Although levels of growth fell from 5% in 2010 to 3% in 2013, growth levels are predicted to remain very moderate in the five years between 2013 and 2018, with the most significant growth (3%) being seen in 2016.
- Total aftermarket revenues reached €228.2bn in 2013 and are forecast to increase by €21.0bn (8%) over five years, to reach €249.3bn by 2018.
- The increase in the value of the aftermarket stems from the rising cost of components:
- For parts, 6.1% growth in revenues is expected due to components becoming more complex and featuring more advanced designs/construction, but also the improved quality in manufacturing and materials, which contribute to extended lifetimes.
- For labour, 7.9% growth is expected, due to channels increasingly requiring more sophisticated tools and more highly skilled workers (and therefore requiring a greater investment in training and staffing) in order to cope with the increasing prevalence of electronics within the vehicle.
- At the channel level, the aftermarket remains highly competitive. In most European markets, vehicle manufacturer networks (VMNs) and garages dominate and will continue to do so.
- Registrations in the major European nations continue to recover from the historic lows recorded in 2009, which negatively affected sales from the VMN channel.
- In 2013–18, the European aftermarket is expected to increase by €21.0bn (8%). The growth will mainly be driven by the growing size of the parc, but the continuing trend for mileages to fall and parts to last longer will impact on service intervals (lengthening them) and replacement rates (which will fall).
“The European Light Vehicle Aftermarket, Regional Analysis 2013 - 18”, a Trend Report by Verdict Retail, provides an executive-level overview of the European aftermarket, with forecasts of key indicators up to 2018. It delivers a high level overview, providing quantitative and qualitative insight into the European aftermarket, analyzing key trends on component values and volumes, assessing channel share and which product families will see growth and where, based on proprietary data from Verdict Retail’s aftermarket databases.It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
Reasons To Buy
- European parc size and forecast; a look at the total European parc size and forecast for vehicles on the road, and the factors that are driving the market.
- Replacement rate commentary; an overview on the replacement rate of specific components and how that influences the aftermarket.
- Analysis of the European aftermarket by product family; an analysis of the value and volumes of the European aftermarket, with historic and forecast data to 2018.
- Analysis of the European aftermarket by distribution channel; an analysis of the value and volumes of the European aftermarket, with historic and forecast data to 2018
- Analysis of the European aftermarket by product family revenues; regional analysis of which product families are up and which are down within the European aftermarket.
- This Trend Report helps executives understand the high level factors which are driving the European aftermarket.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting high level value and volume data that can be transplanted into presentable material immediately.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help clients to understand the broad dynamics influencing the European aftermarket.
- The report provides a regional analysis allowing different geographies to be compared. .
- Product families
- Distribution channels
- Regions covered
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- CAR PARC DYNAMICS
- Car parc overview
- Key findings
- Key findings: parc overview conclusions
- EUROPEAN AFTERMARKET DYNAMICS
- Key drivers
- The profile of vehicle expenditure
- Key findings
- Pricing effects
- Replacement rates
- EUROPEAN AFTERMARKET VALUE
- Market share
- Spend per car
- Aftermarket value by region
- Key findings
- EUROPEAN AFTERMARKET CHANNEL ANALYSIS
- Aftermarket revenue shares by channel
- Key findings: distribution channels
- EUROPEAN AFTERMARKET PRODUCT ANALYSIS
- EUROPEAN AFTERMARKET REVENUE BY PRODUCT FAMILY
- Leading five
- Northern Europe
- Southern Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- Key findings: aftermarket revenue split by product family
- Channel definitions
- Component Definitions
- About Verdict Retail