Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Europe, 2015–2020; Market Dynamics, Retail Trends, and Competitive Landscape
Clothing and footwear market in Europe was affected by devaluation of Euro in 2015 but is set to grow at a stable rate during 2015–2020. Post Brexit, the UK clothing and footwear will witness increase in demand for value clothing as Britons seek affordable and value-for-money deals to keep up with latest fashion trends. Retailers are expanding their footprints in the high growth markets considering their long-term potential. Notably, Russia, which was hit by economic sanctions post Crimea crisis and devaluation of Ruble, shoppers are left with reduced purchasing power which is affecting mid-price segment but luxury spending remains stable. Multi-channel expansion will continue to drive sales in European market, where consumers are increasingly desire for convenience, personalization, and engaging shopping experience together with better price.
- European clothing & footwear retail market is expected to add US$70 billion in sales by 2020 with Germany continue to be the largest market, accounting for 16.3% of the region sales
- Hungary, Poland Romania will be the fastest growing markets during 2015-2020 while Russia is set to grow the fastest among the top five largest markets.
- Clothing, footwear, accessories and luxury goods specialists are the largest channel for clothing & footwear sales in the Europe, contributing 36% of total sales in 2015
- Value fashion and fast fashion brands which offer affordable and value-for-money products are gaining more ground in the UK. Amazon has launched Amazon fashion with several private label brands.
- Fashion retailers such as Pimkie are exploring new retail touch points to promote their sales outside their retail outlets by opening mini fashion bars in partnership with hotels across Europe
The “Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Europe, 2015–2020” report, published by Verdict Research, provides analysis of current and forecast market data for clothing and footwear retail sales sold through major channels in the Europe.What else does this report offer?
Reasons To BuyGet immediate access to:
- Current market sizes and forecasts for 2020 by country with an assortment of charts that ranks countries based on market size, growth rate, value growth and channel sales
- Market insights based on consumer trends, and changing economic and demographic factors on a global, regional, and country basis
- Retail sales and fastest-growing markets for the category group and further sales breakdown for individual sub-categories: womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, women’s footwear, men’s footwear, children’s footwear
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing clothing and footwear’s retail dynamics across various channels
- Retail sales, market share and growth rate of channels included: clothing accessories and luxury goods specialists, department stores, online, hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters, discount stores, value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers, duty free retailers, and others
- Get accurate and reliable retail sales data of the 12 largest clothing and footwear markets in Europe: Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, UK, Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Turkey, France, Italy, Spain, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine for 2015 and forecast for 2020 to identify the largest and fastest-growing market and to discover profitable markets for expansion/entry
- Explore an in-depth analysis of retail sales data by channels to spot leading channels in clothing and footwear retail space and develop strategies for specific channels
- Gain access to retail sales data at sub-category level (womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, women’s footwear, men’s footwear, children’s footwear) across the region to target key markets for each sub-categories and to analyze their current and future growth prospects
- Learn from consumer insights and retail trends and define your strategies based on the need of consumers and retail landscape in the country
- Make country level comparisons to effectively target new revenue streams and align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Track competitive landscape based on the information about store count and latest developments for key clothing and footwear retailers in the region
- A summary of global clothing and footwear retailing
- Clothing and footwear retailing in Europe 2015-2020
- Executive Summary
- Largest clothing and footwear markets in the region
- Break-down by sub-category
- Top five countries for each product category
- Sub-category level sales across the region
- Fastest growing clothing and footwear markets
- Largest and fastest growing channels in each country
- Channel analysis
- Retail trends
- Major retailers in the region
- Retail innovations