Super League In-Depth Analysis: BNP Paribas Wealth Management 2016
BNP Paribas is the world’s eighth-largest wealth manager (as measured by published assets under management). In 2015 BNP Paribas’ profits bounced back from an exceptional charge of $7bn in 2014. BNP Paribas is continuing to implement its 2014–16 Business Development Plan, which has impacted its wealth operations in terms of both cost-cutting measures and synergy efforts such as up streaming clients. As part of BNP Paribas’ strategy of targeting UHNW clients, BNP Paribas Wealth Management has launched the campaign ‘Your Wealth Has A Voice’ which includes a digital app under the same campaign. The bank has gone on to release more digital apps over the course of early 2016. BNP Paribas sold its Dutch private banking unit In singer de Beaufort in April 2016.
- BNP Paribas is predominantly a retail bank, with BNP Paribas Wealth & Asset Management contributing 7.0% of overall group revenues.
- BNP Paribas Wealth Management is looking to the higher wealth tiers, particularly the growing UHNW wealth segment in Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. BNP Paribas Wealth Management remains committed to promoting the progression of digital and mobile solutions as part of its 2014–16 business plan, which means better positioning to target the growing UHNW wealth segment.
- The firm targets entrepreneur clients and corporates with a service proposition that integrates its expertise in corporate and investment banking. In its domestic markets,
- BNP Paribas’ private banking operations target new clients by up streaming wealthy customers from the group’s retail banks.
- BNP Paribas Wealth Management has implemented a cost-cutting plan and announced plans to cut investment banking costs by 12% by 2019. Cross-selling has enabled the bank to have a cost-revenue ratio lower than its competitors. For wealth management, the plan included the introduction of a multi-channel strategy with common customer relationship management and digital solutions across international entities and domestic digital synergies.
Verdict Financial’s Super League In-Depth Analysis: BNP Paribas Wealth Management competitor profile is a comprehensive analysis of BNP Paribas’ wealth management and private banking operations. It offers insight into the company’s strategy, financial results, and marketing activities. It also covers the wealth manager’s recent merger and acquisition (M&A) activity, customer targeting, and product innovation. Insight into BNP Paribas Wealth Management’s growth strategy.
Reasons To Buy
- Overview of the firm’s organizational structure.
- Clear presentation of its geographical coverage and expansion strategy, including M&A activity.
- Analysis of the firm’s financial performance at group and divisional level, including comparison with other global wealth managers.
- Examination of key target client groups.
- Analysis of BNP Paribas Wealth Management’s service and product proposition and how it is unique compared to those of its competitors.
- Review of BNP Paribas’ marketing and social media activities at group and divisional level.
- Examine the financial performance and key ratios for BNP Paribas Wealth Management and benchmark this competitor against other global wealth managers.
- Explore BNP Paribas Wealth Management’s recent M&A and growth strategies and their impacts on its AUM growth and financial performance.
- Understand BNP Paribas Wealth Management’s client targeting strategies and examine whether these have been successful.
- Learn more about BNP Paribas Wealth Management’s marketing strategy, social media presence, and digital innovations.
- 1. Executive Summary
- 2. Strategy
- 3. Financial Performance
- 4. Customers & Products
- 5. Marketing & Advertising
- 6. Appendix