2016 Microbiology Analyzers and Reagents in 33 Countries: Supplier Shares and Strategies, Sales Segment Forecasts for 100 Molecular Diagnostic, Microbial Identification, Antibiotic Susceptibility, Blood Culture, Urine Screening, and Immunodiagnostic Tests - Technology Trends, Opportunities for Suppliers
This new 33-country survey from VPGMarketResearch.com contains over 1,000 pages and 550 tables, and provides granular data and analysis not available from any other published source. The survey is designed to help current suppliers and potential market entrants identify and evaluate emerging opportunities in the automated microbiology market during the next five years. The report examines key trends; reviews current and emerging assays; analyzes potential applications of innovative diagnostic technologies; forecasts volume and sales for 100 molecular diagnostic, microbial identification, antibiotic susceptibility, blood culture, urine screening and immunodiagnostic procedures; profiles leading players and potential market entrants; and suggests alternative business expansion strategies for suppliers.
The level of automation in the microbiology laboratory has been lagging behind that of other major clinical laboratory segments, such as chemistry and hematology. The slow acceptance of the technology is in part due to the complexity of developing automation suitable for microbiology tests. The introduction of automated microbiology instrumentation has been delayed by a number of intrinsic and technical problems. The diffusion of automated microbiology systems, once the technology was developed, has not matched that of other automated laboratory technologies. The acquisition of automation in microbiology has been slowed by forces less easily identifiable than the effects of various reimbursement plans. Some laboratorians still believe that current instrumentation is not the ultimate technology and expect better automation on the horizon.
The driving force behind the need for rapid reporting of microbiological test results is the clinical relevance in a time of financial austerity, a time when cost and health care effectiveness to the patient and diagnostician looms ever larger, and where after-the-fact results at high expense are coming under severe scrutiny worldwide.
This comprehensive 33-country survey will assist diagnostics industry executives, as well as companies planning to diversify into the dynamic and rapidly expanding microbiology market, in evaluating emerging opportunities and developing effective business strategies.
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA
- Sterile Fluids: Blood, Serum, CSF
- Throat Swabs, Respiratory Secretions
- Genital Secretions
Review of Major Automated Systems
- Review of major automated molecular diagnostic, multipurpose, specialized, microbial identification, antibiotic susceptibility, blood culture, urine screening, and immunodiagnostic analyzers marketed by Abbott, Alifax, Anagen, BD, Beckman Coulter/Danaher, Biochem, Biolog, bioMerieux, Bio-Rad, Biotrol, Cepheid, Curetis, GenMark, Hologic/Gen-Probe, HTG, Iris, JJ, Labsystems, Life Technologies, MiDI, Olympus, Qiagen, Roche, Siemens, Sy-Lab, Sysmex, Tecan, Thermo Fisher, Tosoh and other suppliers.
Infectious Diseases Analyzed in the Report
AIDS/HIV, Adenovirus, Aeromonads, Bartonella, Blastocystis Hominis, Campylobacter, Candida, Chancroid, Chlamydia, Clostridium, Coronavirus, Coxsackievirus, Cryptosporidium, Cyclospora, CMV, E. Coli, Echovirus, Encephalitis, Enterovirus, EBV, Giardia, Gonorrhea, Granuloma Inguinale, Hantavirus, H. Pylori, Hepatitis, Herpes Influenza, Legionella, Lyme Disease, Lymphogranuloma, Malaria, Measles, Meningitis, Microsporidium, Mononucleosis, Mumps, Mycoplasma, HPV, Parvovirus, Pneumonia, Polyomaviruses, Pseudomonas, Rabies, RSV, Rhinovirus, Rotavirus , Rubella, Salmonella, Septicemia, Shigella, Staphylococci, Streptococci, Syphilis, Toxoplasmosis, Trichomonas, TB, Vibrio, West Nile, Yersinia
- Assessment of molecular diagnostic, monoclonal antibody, immunoassay, and other technologies and their potential applications for the microbiology market.
- Companies developing or marketing microbiology products, by individual test.
- Strategic assessments of major suppliers and emerging market entrants, including their sales, product portfolios, marketing tactics, collaborative arrangements and new products in RD.
Opportunities and Strategic Recommendations
- Emerging opportunities for new analyzers, reagents kits, IT and other products with significant market appeal during the next five years.
- Design criteria for decentralized testing products.
- Alternative market penetration strategies.
- Potential market entry barriers and risks.
Containsover 1,000 pages and 550 tables
Please note: The delivery time for the electronic version of this report is between 1-3 business days to allow the preparation of an updated version prior to dispatch