2015-2019 Future Horizons and Growth Strategies in the Global Nucleic Acid Testing Market: Supplier Shares and Country Forecasts
This unique seven-country report from VPGMarketResearch, contains 1,398-page report is designed to help current suppliers and potential market entrants identify and evaluate major business opportunities emerging in the NAT market during this decade.
- Business and technological trends in seven major markets - Five year test volume and sales forecasts- Market shares of leading competitors- Feature comparison of major analyzers- Profiles of market players and start-up firms developing innovative technologies and products- Specific product and business opportunities for instrument and consumable suppliers.
The NAT market is unquestionably the most rapidly growing segment of the in vitro diagnostics industry. The next five years will witness significant developments in reagent systems and automation, as well as introduction of a wide range of new products that will require innovative marketing approaches. The rate of market penetration into routine clinical laboratories, however, will depend on the introduction of cost-effective and automated systems with amplification methods.
In order to successfully capitalize on the opportunities presented by the NAT market, many companies are already exploiting new molecular technologies as corporate strategic assets, managed in support of business and marketing strategies. Integrating new technology planning with business and corporate strategies will be one of the most challenging tasks for diagnostic companies during the next five years.
- France- Germany- Italy- Japan- Spain- UK- USA
Worldwide Market Overview
- Laboratories performing DNA sequencing and NAT by country and market segment.
- Five-year test volume and sales projections by country.
Market Segmentation Analysis
- Sales and market shares of major suppliers of NAT reagent kits and components.
- Ten-year test volume and sales forecasts for majorapplications, including:
- Infectious Diseases - Forensic Testing- Cancer - Paternity Testing/HLA Typing- Genetic Diseases - Others
- Ten-year test volume and sales projections for over 30NAT assays.
- A comprehensive analysis of the sequencing market,by country and laboratory segment, including:
- Industrial - Academic- Government - Commercial
- Detailed market segmentation analysis, includingreview of the market dynamics, trends, structure, size,growth and major suppliers, by country.
- Comparison of leading NATanalyzers from Abbott, Beckman Coulter, BD, Bio-Rad,Gen-Probe, Roche, Tecan and other suppliers.
- Extensive review of NAT technologies,test formats, detection methodologies, trendsin testing automation and over 30 target/signalamplification methods, including:
- PCR - bDNA- SDA - NASBA- TMA - SSSR, and others- LCR
- Worldwide listings of companies, universities andresearch centers developing new NATtechnologies and products.
- Extensive strategic assessmentsof major suppliers and emerging market entrants,including their sales, product portfolios, marketingtactics, collaborative arrangements and new technologies/productsin R&D.
- Comprehensive listings of companies developing andmarketing NAT products, by test andapplication.
Opportunities and Strategic Recommendations
- Specific new product development opportunitieswith potentially significant market appeal during the next ten years.
- Design criteria for new products.
- Alternative market penetration strategies.
- Potential market entry barriers and risks.
- Business planning issues and concerns.
This report is based on a combination of primary and secondary information sources, including interviews with laboratory directors and executives of leading diagnostic companies and start-up firms developing innovative technologies and products in the U.S., five major European countries and Japan.
In addition to primary sources of information, a comprehensive review of the most recent technical and business publications, manufacturer productand financial literature, as well as VPGMarketResearch’s proprietary data base was conducted.
Contains1,398 pages and 194 tables
Please note: The delivery time for the electronic version of this report is between 1-3 business days to allow the preparation of an updated version prior to dispatch.