Affluent Shopper Snapshot Report On Clothing & Fashion Accessories Stores: The essential guide to trends in retail shopping in clothing & fashion accessories stores
Learn how to tap the spending power of affluent shoppers in clothing & fashion boutiques & websites
Post-recession retail is in the doldrums. The National Retail Federation (NRF) just downgraded their original forecast for retail growth in 2015. The retail sales for GAFO stores (general merchandise, apparel, home furnishings and other retailers which fill the nation’s malls, shopping centers and main streets and a bellwether of trends in traditional retailing) is on track to grow an anemic 1.3% over 2014. Don’t get caught falling victim to this trend of shopper malaise. Attracting more affluents to your shopping destination is the key to future success.
Don’t get caught falling victim to this trend of shopper malaise. Attracting more affluents to your shopping destination is the key to future success. This Unity Marketing Affluent Shopper Snapshot Report examines the affluent shopper and why they shop specifically in clothing and fashion boutiques, including the websites of these retailers.
Through this understanding retailers will have these answers:
- How to attract more customers who have money and discretion to spend into the store?
- How to appeal to the more moneyed customers who are not going to nickel-and-dime the retailer to death?
- Even though the store may not sell luxury, how to appeal to those who can afford luxury?
- How to get affluents to shop more often and to spend when they visit the store?
- What are some innovative ways other retailers are succeeding with affluent shoppers?
Affluent shoppers with plenty of discretionary income to spend may be the key to driving sales and delivering profits to your clothing and fashion boutique door. Understanding their mindset is key to designing retail experiences that attract them to the retail destination.
Use this Affluent Shopper Snapshot Report to Help Grow Your Retail Business
Based upon the Affluent Consumer Tracking Study (ACTS) Shopper Track Surveys conducted through 2014 and 2015, this report provides in-depth statistics about how and why affluents shop.
But more than just data, this report delivers analysis about what the key findings mean and how retailers can put the insights into action to more successfully market their stores and reach the affluent shoppers who hold the key to their growth and success.
It includes data and insights about:
- What motivates affluent shoppers?
- How to create experiences that encourage affluents to shop in your store, to shop more often and to spend more money?
- How to capture customers shopping in other places?
- What important shopping experiences you may be missing out on?
Plus the Affluent Shopper Snapshot report provides inspiration drawn from case studies of specific retailers that are doing a top notch job targeting the affluent shopper.
Internal CRM data tells you only about the customers you have, not the ones that walk by your doors. This new Affluent Shopper Snapshot report fills that gap in your research.
- Chapter 1: Affluent Shoppers in 2015
- Affluents Enjoying the Little Things in Life – Resisting the Temptation to Over-Spend & Liking It
- Demographic Forecast: Luxury Drought
- Figure 1: Dent Research, Consumer Spending by Age
- Figure 2: LCI Historical 1Q2004-present
- El Nino and the Millennials- the Short and Long of It
- Chapter 2: Retail & Affluent Consumers in Perspective
- Retail Sales Growth Flattening
- Figure 3: GAFO Retail Sales & Growth 2007-1Q2015
- GAFO Retail Sales in 2015
- Figure 4: GAFO Store Sales YTD 2015-2014
- Figure 5: Fastest Growing Retailers 1Q2015
- Tracking Consumers’ Personal Consumption
- Figure 6: Personal Consumption Quarterly Change 2008-1Q15
- Figure 7: Personal Consumption Expenditures 1Q15 Percent. Change Previous Period, details
- Latest U.S. Census Reveals Affluent Consumer Segment is fastest growing
- Figure 8: Number of Households and Average Income 2010-2013
- Number of Ultra-affluent households grew by one-third since 2010
- Figure 9: Households by Income & % Change 2010-2013
- Affluents Account for 20% of Households, but over 40% of all Consumer Spending
- Figure 10: Share of Consumer Expenditures Attributed to Affluents, 2012-2013
- Marketers’ Take Away>>
- Chapter 3: Affluent Shopping Overview
- Figure 11: Shopper Track Survey Sample Demographics
- Key Trends Shaping the Future of Retail Catering to Affluent Shoppers
- Marketers’ Take Away>>
- Trends in Where Affluents Shopped
- Figure 12 Trends in Where Affluents Shopped
- Trends in Affluent Experiential Purchases
- Figure 13: Trends in Affluents Experiential Purchases
- Trends in How Often They Shopped by Type of Shopping Experience
- Figure 14: Trends in Average Number of Shopping Occurrences by Type of Shopping Experience
- Trends in How Much Affluents Spent in Last Shopping Experience by Type
- Figure 15: Trends in Spending on Last Shopping Occurrence
- Trends in Extended Spending by Type of Shopping Experience
- Figure 16: Trends in Projected Total Spending by Type of Store
- Projected Spending by Major Category of Experiences
- Figure 17: Trends Spending by Major Category of Shopping Experience
- Shopping Overview Details
- Figure 18: Shopping Overview Details
- Online vs. In-Store Shopping
- Figure 19: Online vs. In-Store Shopping
- Who Affluents Shopped with In Store
- Figure 20: Who In-store Affluents Shopped With
- How Paid for Last Purchase
- Figure 21: How Affluents Paid for Last Purchase (credit card, cash, debit, etc.)
- Reasons for Last Shopping Occurrence
- Figure 22: Reasons for Most Recent Shopping Experience
- Loyalty Rewards Collected and Used
- Figure 23: Loyalty Rewards Collected or Used
- Shopping Experience Detail
- Figure 24: Shopping Experience Detail, 2015
- Chapter 4: How Affluents Shopped at Specialty Retail Stores
- Figure 25: Specialty Retail Stores Usage & Occurrences Overview
- Figure 26: Specialty Retail Stores Overview
- Chapter 5: Clothing and/or Fashion Accessories Stores & Websites
- Appendix A: Spending Details by Demographic Segment
- Most Recent Occurrence Spending by Gender
- Figure 36: Affluent Spending on Last Shopping Occurrence by Gender
- Figure 37: Affluent Spending Last Shopping Occurrence by Gender, Details 2014-2015
- Most Recent Occurrence Spending by Age
- Figure 38: Affluent Spending on Last Shopping Occurrence by Age
- Figure 39: Affluent Spending Last Shopping Occurrence by Age, Details 2014-2015
- Most Recent Occurrence Spending by Income
- Figure 40: Affluent Spending on Last Shopping Occurrence by Income
- Figure 41: Affluent Spending Last Shopping Occurrence by Income, Details 2014-2015
- Appendix B: Affluent Survey Methodology
- Quarterly Tracking of Luxury Consumer Purchasing
- Figure 42: Income Sample
- Survey tracks trends in 4 retailer and service categories in luxury market
- Sample Demographics
- Net Worth
- Figure 43: Net Worth
- Figure 44: Gender Distribution
- Age Distribution
- Figure 45: Age Distribution
- Occupation & Employment
- Figure 46: Occupation
- Other Demographic Variables
- Figure 47: Educational Attainment
- Figure 48: Marital Status
- Figure 49: Affluents' Life stage
- Figure 50: Home Ownership
- Figure 51: Ethnicity