The Top 20 Supermarket Chains in Egypt
This report provides the most up to date analysis of the leading supermarket chains in Egypt where some leading chains have developed, especially in two particular formats and segments. However, despite general development in the modern trade, there is still a long tail of independent operators and opportunity for several more in the next ten years. This report analyses Trendtype’s proprietary data on the winners and losers in the supermarket sector, market gaps and what it means for the future of grocery retail in Egypt.
– Identify the market leaders in the Egyptian supermarket sector.
– Quantify the number of stores, floorspace and position of the top supermarket chains.
– Understand how each retailer positions itself and targets consumers.
– Assess the balance between domestic and foreign players in the retailer landscape.
– Understand how top supermarket chains compete against one another.
– Assess the size of the supermarket sector and its growth.
– Analyse the market opportunity and future outlook for supermarket retailers in Egypt.
– Gain important insights on future developments for the sector in Egypt.
– Egypt has one of the most developed grocery retail markets in Africa. However, although a significant number of the main chains are owned by just a few conglomerates, the market is still very fragmented.
- There is one standout leader in the Egyptian retail market in the main supermarket sector. Its strategy going forward will have to account for some decisive factors, among which are competitive pricing and operational efficiency.
- There is a lot of activity across two major retail formats but there is still substantial space and opportunities for new players.
– Who are the leading supermarket chains in Egypt?
– What share of the grocery retail floorspace do they take?
– Which supermarket chains are expanding most?
– How do leading chains compare against one another?
– What is the national penetration of the leading supermarket chains?
– Which market segments does each chain operate in?
– Who are the future winners and losers?
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook