WCP – Washpool Hard Coking Coal Mine Development – Queensland - Project Profile
"WCP – Washpool Hard Coking Coal Mine Development – Queensland - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "WCP – Washpool Hard Coking Coal Mine Development – Queensland - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
Washpool Coal Pty Ltd. (WCP), a wholly owned subsidiary of Aquila Resources Ltd (Aquila), is planning to undertake the development of a coal mine in Bowen Basin, Queensland, Australia.
The project involves the development of a coal mine with a production capacity of 2.9MTPA of hard coking coal on 3,792ha of land. It includes the construction, development and operation of an underground open cut hard coking coal mine, Coal Handling and Preparation Plant.
The project also includes the construction of a coal handling and preparation plant with a capacity of 600tph of feed and processing capacity of 4MTPA, ROM pad, coal washery system, offices, workshops, stockpile areas, water management systems, an accommodation village, 6km of flood protection levees storage, containment dams, haul roads, a 66kV power transmission line, a rail loop and loading and un-loading facilities and related infrastructure, and the installation of machinery, equipment and safety systems.
Xenith Consulting has been appointed as study consultant, Aurizon Network Pty Ltd as consulting company, Hitachi, Ltd. and Caterpillar Inc. as equipment supply contractor.
In 2010, WCP completed a feasibility study on the project.
In 2013, field work and ecological studies completed.
In April 2014, a supplementary study was completed, which built upon the findings of the DFS.
Study activities are underway.
The Washpool Hard Coking Coal project involves the development of a coal mine with a production capacity of 2.9MTPA of hard coking coal on 3,792ha of land Bowen Basin, Queensland, Australia.
The US$263 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of the coal handling and preparation plant
2. Construction of ROM pad
3. Construction of a coal washery system
4. Construction of offices
5. Construction of workshops
6. Construction of stockpile areas
7. Construction of water management systems
8. Construction of an accommodation village
9. Construction of 6km of flood protection levees storage
10. Construction of containment dams
11. Construction of haul roads
12. Construction of 66kV power transmission line
13. Construction of a rail loop
14. Construction of loading and unloading facilities
15. Installation of machinery
16. Installation of equipment and safety systems
17. Construction of related infrastructureReasons To Buy