Market Research Logo

WAJ/MWI – Jerash Waste Water Treatment Station – Jordan - Project Profile

WAJ/MWI – Jerash Waste Water Treatment Station – Jordan - Project Profile

Synopsis

"WAJ/MWI – Jerash Waste Water Treatment Station – Jordan - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.

The "WAJ/MWI – Jerash Waste Water Treatment Station – Jordan - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.

Summary

The Water Authority of Jordan (WAJ) and the Ministry of Water and Irrigation (MWI) are undertaking the construction of a wastewater treatment plant in Jerash, Jordan.

The project involves the expansion of a wastewater treatment plant with a capacity of 4,992m3/D.

It includes the construction of sewerage networks, a pumping station, an interceptor to connect sewerage networks to the treatment facility, sedimentation tanks, upgraded grit capturing facilities, and the installation of lagoons and effluent pipes, safety and security systems.

CEC Sajdi & Partners has been appointed as study consultant.

In February 2013, Request for pre-qualification (RFQ) of contractors for the Design, Construction, and Operation with March 21, 2013, as submission deadline.

On December 4, 2013, WAJ and MWI invited request for qualification (RFQ) for the project with a due deadline as January 16, 2014.

The 85% of the project cost will be funded by a US Agency for International Development (USAID) and remaining 15% by the government of Jordan.

On March 27, 2015, a tender has been floated.

In the fourth quarter of 2015, the construction contract was awarded to Hussein Atieh & Sons Co. L.L.C.

In the first quarter 2016, construction works commenced.

Construction works are underway and expected to be completed by the fourth quarter of 2018.

Scope

The project involved the expansion of a wastewater treatment plant with capacity of 4,992m3/d in Jerash, Jordan.

The US$26 million project includes the following:

1. Construction of sewerage networks

2. Construction of a pumping station

3. Construction of an interceptor to connect sewerage networks to the treatment facility

4. Construction of a grit capturing facilities

5. Construction of sedimentation tanks

6. Installation of lagoons and effluent pipes

7. Installation of safety and security systemsReasons To Buy

  • Gain insight into the project.
  • Monitor the latest project developments.
  • Identify key project contacts.


1.Key Statistics
2.Key Dates
3.Sector
4.Operating metrics
5.Tender Information
6.Scope
7.Description
8.Latest update
9.Background
10.Key Contacts
11.Appendix

Download our eBook: How to Succeed Using Market Research

Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.

Download eBook

Share this report