Market Research Logo

UJVN/HPPCL – Kishau Hydroelectric Power Plant 660 MW – India - Project Profile

UJVN/HPPCL – Kishau Hydroelectric Power Plant 660 MW – India - Project Profile

Synopsis

"UJVN/HPPCL – Kishau Hydroelectric Power Plant 660 MW – India - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.

The "UJVN/HPPCL – Kishau Hydroelectric Power Plant 660 MW – India - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.

Summary

The Government of Uttarakhand (GoU) through it Uttarakhand Jal Vidyut Nigam Ltd (UJVNL) jointly with the Government of Himachal Pradesh (GoHP) through Himachal Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd (HPPCL), is planning to build a hydroelectric power plant along the border between Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh, India.

The project involves the construction of a 660MW (4X165MW) power plant comprising a 680m long and 236m high concrete gravity dam.

The project includes the construction of a surge bay, a penstock, a weir, a powerhouse, a tailrace channel, a switchyard, a spillway, intake structures, access roads and related infrastructure, the installation of generators, transformers, turbines and pumps, and the laying of transmission lines.

In February 2008, a tripartite meeting was held between representatives of the governments of Himachal Pradesh (GoHP) and Uttarakhand (GoUK), and Tehri Hydro Development Corporation (THDC) to commence preparation of a detailed project report (DPR).

On December 23, 2010, the Government of India (GoI) approved plans for the implementation of the project through a joint venture set up by GoHP and GoUK and subsequently reviewed the revised detailing the increased generation capacity from 600MW to 660MW.

In July 2012, the GoI announced its intent of providing clearance to the multi-purpose hydel project, which would provide drinking and irrigation water to northern states like Delhi, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan.

On April 11, 2013, the GoHP announced its intent of entering into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the GoUK to share the capital investment involved with the proposed development.

GoHP and GoUK finalized plans to execute the project under a joint venture on April 12, 2013.

On May 28, 2013, GoHP announced that 90% of the project cost will be borne by GoI and with the remaining 10% by the GoHP and GoUK.

In October 2013, UJVN forwarded an environment impact assessment (EIA) report to the Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change (MoEFCC).

On June 20, 2015, the GoHP and GoUK signed a memorandum of understating (MoU) to share the profit and generated power from the dam in 50:50 ratio.

On August 21, 2015, a discussion was held for the formation of Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) to construct the project.

Kishau Corporation was formed as SPV for the project. All the approvals and initial studies will be undertaken by the SPV after it comes into existence.

Planning activities are underway.

Scope

The project involves the construction of a 660MW (4X165MW) power plant comprising a 680m long and 236m high concrete gravity dam on the Tons River, along the border between Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh in India.

The US$1,571 million project includes the following:

1. Construction of a surge bay

2. Construction of a penstock

3. Construction of a weir

4. Construction of a powerhouse

5. Construction of a tailrace channel

6. Construction of a switchyard

7. Construction of a spillway

8. Construction of intake structures

9. Construction of access roads

10. Installation of turbines

11. Installation of generators and transformers

12. Laying of transmission lines

Reasons To Buy

  • Gain insight into the project.
  • Monitor the latest project developments.
  • Identify key project contacts.


1.Key Statistics
2.Key Dates
3.Sector
4.Operating metrics
5.Tender Information
6.Scope
7.Description
8.Latest update
9.Background
10.Key Contacts
11.General News, Project News
12.Appendix

Download our eBook: How to Succeed Using Market Research

Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.

Download eBook

Share this report