TCIMR – Liganga Iron Ore and Mchuchuma Coal Mine Development – Njombe - Project Profile
"TCIMR – Liganga Iron Ore and Mchuchuma Coal Mine Development – Njombe - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "TCIMR – Liganga Iron Ore and Mchuchuma Coal Mine Development – Njombe - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
Tanzania China International Mineral Resources (TCIMR), a joint venture formed by China's Sichuan Hongda Co. Ltd, (SHC) and National Development Corporation (NDC), is planning to undertake the Iron Ore and Coal Mine project in Tanzania.
The project involves the development of a coal mine with a production capacity of 3MTPA, 600 MW Thermal Power station, 220 kV Transmission line from Mchuchuma to Liganga, iron ore mine with a production capacity of 2.9MTPA and Iron and steel Complex with a production capacity of 1MTPA.
The project also includes the construction of a power house, mine processing plant, a coal storage, washing units, coal-burning units, ash collectors and water storage units, mine operations center, installation of generators and transformers, safety and security systems.
The project will be implemented under Build Own and Operate (BOO) mode.
In January 2011, SHC won the competitive tender by Government of Tanzania to invest in Mchuchuma and Liganga projects.
In September 2011, SHC and NDC signed US$3,000 million deal to develop the project.
In December 2011, SHC and NDC conducted groundwork assessment at Mchuchuma to identify the quantity and quality of resource available.
In September 2012, Stanbic Bank Tanzania agreed to finance the project. The financing is a joint effort between Stanbic Bank Tanzania and International Commercial Bank of China (ICBC).
Planning activities are underway. Construction is expected to commence in 2017.
The project involves the development of iron ore and coal mine project in Ludewa, Njombe, Tanzania.
The US$3,000 million project includes the following:
1. Development of a coal mine with a production capacity of 3MTPA
2. Development of iron ore mine with a production capacity of 2.9MTPA
3. Development of Iron and steel Complex with a production capacity of 1MTPA
4. Construction of 600 MW Thermal Power station
5. Construction of 220 kV Transmission line from Mchuchuma to Liganga
6. Construction of a power house
7. Construction of mine processing plant
8. Construction of mine operations center
9. Construction of a coal storage
10. Construction of a power house
11. Construction of washing units
12. Construction of coal-burning units
13. Construction of ash collectors
14. Construction of water storage units
15. Installation of generators and transformers
16. Installation of safety and security systems
Reasons To Buy