SMP – Crab Hill Residential Community – Oxfordshire - Project Profile
"SMP – Crab Hill Residential Community – Oxfordshire - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "SMP – Crab Hill Residential Community – Oxfordshire - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
St Modwen Properties Plc (SMP) is planning to build a residential community in Wantage, Oxfordshire, the UK.
The project involves the construction of a residential community comprising 1,500 units on 92ha of land. It will be developed in nine phases.
The first phase includes the construction of 150 units.
The Centre East phase includes 150 residential units, the South East phase includes 150 residential units, the Centre West phase includes 150 residential units, the North East phase includes 200 residential units, the Central phase includes 130 residential units, the Grove Road (East) phase includes 120 residential units, the South West phase includes 215 residential units and the Grove Road (West) phase includes 235 residential units.
The project includes the construction of community facilities, retail space, a primary school, sports facilities, parks, children’s play area, a restaurant, a nursery care, a commercial space, access roads, walkways, parking and related facilities.
WS Atkins Plc has been appointed as lead consultant, Kemp & Kemp and Carter Jonas as marketing consultants, Optimised Environments as architect, Lands Improvement Holdings as associate developer and St Modwen Homes (a unit of SMP) as a construction contractor.
On February 20, 2014, preliminary planning approval was received.
On July 13, 2015, an outline planning approvals were received.
In October 2016, a design guidance report was prepared.
In June 2017, Carter Jonas on behalf of SMP submitted the detailed planning application for the first phase.
As of August 2017, planning activities are underway.
Construction would take 10 to 15 years to complete.
The project involves the construction of a residential community comprising 1,500 units on 92ha of land in Wantage, Oxfordshire, the UK.
The US$350 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of 150 residential units in the first phase
2. Construction of 150 residential units in the Centre East phase
3. Construction of 150 residential units in the South East phase
4. Construction of 150 residential units in the Centre West phase
5. Construction of 200 residential units in the North East phase
6. Construction of 130 residential units in the Central phase
7. Construction of 120 residential units in the Grove Road (East) phase
8. Construction of 215 residential units in the South West phase
9. Construction of 235 residential units in the Grove Road (West) phase
10. Construction of community facilities
11. Construction of a retail space
12. Construction of a primary school
13. Construction of sports facilities
14. Construction of parks
15. Construction of children’s play area
16. Construction of a restaurant
17. Construction of a nursery care
18. Construction of a commercial space
19. Construction of access roads
20. Construction of walkways
21. Construction of parking facilities
22. Construction of related facilities
Reasons To Buy
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook