RVNL – Chardham Rail Connectivity – Uttarakhand - Project Profile
"RVNL – Chardham Rail Connectivity – Uttarakhand - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "RVNL – Chardham Rail Connectivity – Uttarakhand - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
The Rail Vikas Nigam Ltd (RVNL) plans to undertake the Char Dham railway line in Uttarakhand, India.
The project involves the construction of a 327km broad-gauge rail line to connect the Chardham - Gangotri, Yamunotri, Badrinath and Kedarnath. It includes the construction of 21 railway stations, 61 tunnels with a total length of 279km and 59 bridges, the installation of signaling and safety systems and information boards, and the laying of railway tracks.
RVNL had undertaken a Reconnaissance Engineering Survey (REC) in 2014-15 for the Chardham rail connectivity project.
In October 2015, RVNL submitted the REC report to the Ministry of Railways, India (MoR). The report states that there will be two starting points for the Chardham Rail Connectivity project. The first line starts at Doiwala for Gangotri-Yamunotri route and the second line starts at Karanprayag for Badrinath-Kedarnath.
The project will be developed in the below four routes:
1) Yamunotri Route: It includes the construction of a 22km rail line from Palar railway station (Maneri) on Gangotri train route to Yamunotri.
2) Gangotri Route: It includes the construction of a 131km rail line from Doiwala near Dehradun to Maneri via Uttarkashi.
3) Kedarnath Route: It includes the construction of a 99km rail line from Saikot near Nandprayag to Sonprayag.
4) Badrinath Route: It includes the construction of a 75km rail line from Karnprayag to Joshimath.
In February 2017, MoR announced US$18 million in funding in the Railway Budget 2017-18 for survey of the project.
On May 10, 2017, MoR laid a foundation stone for the final location survey of the project.
On August 9, 2017, RVNL issued tenders for the consultancy services for final location survey in two packages with a submission deadline of September 19, 2017.
In January 2018, meeting was held to discuss issues related to construction timelines.
The project involves the construction of a 327km broad-gauge rail network to connect Chardham in Uttarakhand, India.
The US$6,746 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of 21 railway stations
2. Construction of 61 tunnels with a total length of 279kms
3. Construction of 59 bridges
4. Installation of signaling and safety systems
5. Installation of information boards
6. Laying of railway tracks
Reasons To Buy
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook