Precious Metals Mining in Turkey to 2020 - a Focus on the Gold Industry
According to the Turkish Gold Miners Association, Turkey had 800t or 1.5% of global gold reserves and 5,700t of predicted resources at the end of 2014. Significant gold deposits are found in the Uşak and Erzincan province.
Timetric's 'Precious Metals Mining in Turkey to 2020 – a Focus on the Gold Industry' report comprehensively covers Turkish gold reserves, reserves by deposits and by grade and ore type for selected mines, the historic and forecast data on gold production and historic and forecast production by selected gold mines.
The report also includes factors affecting demand for gold, profiles of major gold producing companies and information on the active, exploration and development gold projects.
The Fiscal Regime section provides information about the country’s regulatory authority, laws, licenses and other fiscal regime information such as taxes, rates and other charges applicable to the mining of the commodity in the country.
It is an essential tool for companies active in Turkey mining and for new competitors considering entering the industry.
The report contains an overview of the Turkish gold mining industry, together with the key factors affecting the industry and demand for the commodity.
It also provides information about Turkish gold reserves, historic and forecast data on gold production and by selected gold producing mines, the competitive landscape and active, exploration and development gold projects.
Reasons To Buy
Gain an understanding of the gold mining industry in Turkey, gold reserves, historic and forecast data on gold production, forecast gold production by selected mines, demand drivers, active, exploration and development gold projects, the competitive landscape and the country's fiscal regime.
- Kisladag – located in Western Anatolia, Usak, is one of the country’s largest gold porphyry deposits formed under a coeval volcanic complex and consists of biotite, magnetite and quartz type ores. The deposit contained 229.6t of proven and probable gold reserves with a grade of 1.0g/t and 294.8t of measured and indicated gold resources as of December 2014.
- Turkish gold mine production was 1.1 million ounces – down by 7.5% over 2013 due to a fall in production by 44,000 ounces at the Copler mine, one of the largest in Turkey, and a fall of 33,000 ounces at Koza Altın İsletmeleri AS, the largest gold mine producer in the country.
- The country’s mining industry is governed by the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources. The Mining Law No. 3213 of 1985 was amended by Law No. 5995 of June 2004 to create a more investment-friendly environment for local and foreign investors.
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- GOLD MINING IN TURKEY - RESERVES AND PRODUCTION
- Total Reserves, Reserves by Deposits and Reserves by Grade and Ore Type for Selected Mines
- Table Precious Metals Mining in Turkey - Reserves and Grade by Selected Mines, 2015
- Global Gold Reserves by Country
- Historic and Forecast Production
- Table Precious Metals Mining in Turkey - Historic and Forecast Gold Mine Production (Thousand Ounces), 2000-2020
- Historic and forecast production by selected gold mines
- Table Precious Metals Mining in Turkey - Historic and Forecast Gold Mine Production by Selected Mines (Thousand Ounces), 2009-2020
- Active Mines
- Table Gold Mining in Turkey - Active Mines, 2015
- Exploration Projects
- Table Gold Mining in Turkey - Exploration Projects, 2015
- Development Projects
- Table Gold Mining in Turkey - Major Development Projects, 2015
- Location of Gold Projects in Turkey
- Demand Drivers
- Domestic and global demand by end-use market
- Table Precious Metals Mining in Turkey - Turkish Gold Demand by End Use Sectors (Thousand Ounces), 2009-2015*
- MAJOR GOLD PRODUCERS IN TURKEY
- Table Precious Metals Mining in Turkey - Comparative Analysis of Major Producers, 2014
- Koza Altýn Ýþletmeleri Aª
- Table Precious Metals Mining in Turkey - Koza Altýn Ýþletmeleri Aª, 2015
- Eldorado Gold Corporation
- Table Precious Metals Mining in Turkey - Eldorado Gold Corporation, 2015
- Alacer Gold Corp.
- Table Precious Metals Mining in Turkey - Alacer Gold Corp., 2015
- FISCAL REGIME
- The Turkish Mining Industry - Governing Bodies
- Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources (MENR)
- General Directorate of Mining Affairs (MIGEM)
- The Turkish Mining Industry - Governing Law
- The Turkish Mining Industry - Ownership and License Types
- Ownership of minerals
- Mining license
- Exploration license/certificate
- Operation license
- The Turkish Mining Industry - Rights and Obligations
- The Turkish Mining Industry - Key Fiscal Terms
- Duties and security deposit (guarantee fee)
- Royalty rates
- Corporate tax
- Capital gains tax
- Loss carry forward
- Property tax
- Withholding tax
- Table The Mining Industry in Turkey - Withholding Tax Rates (%), 2015
- Tax incentives
- Stamp duty
- Motor vehicle tax
- Table The Mining Industry in Turkey - Depreciation Tax Rates (%), 2015
- Value added tax (VAT)
- Secondary Research
- Primary Research
- Contact Timetric
- About Timetric
- Timetric's Services