Peru’s Mining Fiscal Regime: H2 2015
Timetric’s Peruvian fiscal regime report outlines the governing bodies, governing laws, licenses, rights and obligations and tax-related information on seven commodities: copper, zinc, gold, silver, coal, iron ore and lead
- Natural resources in Peru include silver, gold, petroleum, iron ore, coal and natural gas.
- Timetric's report covers Peru where the Ministry of Energy and Mines, and the Directorate General of Mines govern the mining industry.
- The General Mining Law covers all matters on the use of mineral soil and subsoil in Peru and its marine areas.
- The Mining Royalty Act enforces the mining royalty law to ensure that mining concession holders correctly pay the state for the exploitation of metallic and non-metallic minerals.
The report outlines the governing bodies, governing laws, licenses, rights, obligations and key fiscal terms which includes royalties, corporate tax, capital gains tax, depreciation, withholding tax, loss carry forward and value added tax (VAT).Reasons To Buy
Gain an overview of Peru’s mining fiscal regimeKey Highlights
- The Ministry of Energy and Mines (Minem) aims to focus on the comprehensive development of sustainable mining activities
- The Directorate General of Mines operates under Minem, and is responsible for promoting and regulating mining activities while ensuring the judicious use of mineral resources in line with environmental standards.
- The General Mining Law came into effect in 1992. The act covers all matters on the use of mineral soil and subsoil in Peru
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Table The Mining Industry in Peru - Fiscal Regime Terms and Other Taxes, 2015
- THE PERUVIAN MINING INDUSTRY - GOVERNING BODIES
- Ministry of Energy and Mines
- The Directorate General of Mines (DGM)
- General Directorate of Mining Environmental Affairs
- THE PERUVIAN MINING INDUSTRY - GOVERNING LAWS
- General Mining Law
- Mining Royalty Act
- Prospecting and Exploration
- Mining Concession
- THE PERUVIAN MINING INDUSTRY - RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- THE PERUVIAN MINING INDUSTRY - KEY FISCAL TERMS
- Corporate Tax
- Capital Gains Tax
- Table The Mining Industry in Peru - Depreciation Tax Rates (%), 2015
- Withholding Tax
- Table The Mining Industry in Peru - Withholding Tax Rates (%), 2015
- Loss Carry Forward
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Secondary Research
- Primary Research
- Contact Timetric
- About Timetric
- Timetric's Services