"PTWBN – Weda Bay Nickel Smelter – Halmahera - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "PTWBN – Weda Bay Nickel Smelter – Halmahera - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
PT Weda Bay Nickel (PTWBN), a joint venture between Strand Minerals Indonesia Pte Ltd (SMPL) and Aneka Tambang (ANTM), is planning to undertake the Weda Bay Nickel Smelter project in Indonesia.
Strand Minerals Indonesia Pte Ltd is formed by joint venture between Eramet of France, Mitsubishi of Japan and Pacific Metals Co. Ltd of Japan.
The project involves the construction of a nickel processing plant with a capacity to produce 65,000 tons of Nickel and will be developed in two phases.
The US$3,300 million first phase of the project will include the construction of a smelter with capacity of 35,000 tons of nickel. The US$2,200 million second phase will include the expansion of nickel smelter by addition of 30,000 tons of nickel processing capacity.
The project will further includes the construction of production unit, warehouse, residue separation unit, alloy station, the installation of fire safety system, rotary kilns, and pre heater units and associated infrastructure facilities like slurry cleaning unit, heat exchangers and material handling system.
In October 2007, the study contract and engineering, procurement and construction management (EPCM) contract for the project was awarded to Technip.
In December 2011, Mitsubishi sold 3.4% of its share from total 33.4% to Pacific Metals Co. Ltd. ANTM is planning to increase the stake in the project from the existing 10% to 40%. The stake increase will be realized gradually after the feasibility study and construction process are done, as well as after the smelter starts operating.
In April 2016, Mitsubishi transferred 30% of the shares in Strand Minerals to Eramet.
Feasibility study activities are underway and Eramet is in the process of establishing a framework of cooperation with Tsingshan, including the submission of various licenses to the government. Subject to the completion, Tsingshan will become the majority shareholder in Strand Minerals with 57% ownership and the remaining 43% remain to Eramet.
The Weda Bay Nickel Smelter project involves the construction of a 65,000 tonnes per annum nickel processing plant in Indonesia.
The US$5,500 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of processing units
2. Construction of a warehouse
3. Installation of a fire safety system
4. Construction of an alloy station
5. Construction of infrastructure facilities
6. Installation of rotary kilns
7. Installation of preheater units
8. Installation of a slurry cleaning unit
9. Installation of heat exchangers
10.Installation of a material handling systemReasons To Buy