Market Research Logo

POSCO/PKP – Chabahar FINEX Plant – Sistan and Baluchestan Province - Project Profile

POSCO/PKP – Chabahar FINEX Plant – Sistan and Baluchestan Province - Project Profile

Synopsis

"POSCO/PKP – Chabahar FINEX Plant – Sistan and Baluchestan Province - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.

The "POSCO/PKP – Chabahar FINEX Plant – Sistan and Baluchestan Province - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.

Summary

Posco Group (Posco) and Pars Kohan Diarparsian Steel (PKP) are planning to build a steel mill in Chabahar, Sistan and Baluchestan, Iran.

The project involves the construction of a steel mill with a production capacity of 1.6MTPA. It includes the construction of processing units, production units, warehouses, distribution units and related infrastructure, and the installation of machinery.

The project will be carried out in two stages. The first stage includes the construction of an integrated steel mill using Finex and CEM technology while the second stage includes the addition of a cold rolling mill and a continuous galvanizing line.

On February 29, 2016, POSCO signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with PKP. Posco will provide 8% of the investment and transfer its steelmaking technology (Poist) to PKP. Poist is a combination of Finex and compact endless cast and rolling mill (CEM) technologies. PKP will invest the remaining 92%.

Planning activities on the project are underway.

Scope

The project involves the construction of a steel mill with a production capacity of 1.6 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) in Chabahar, Sistan and Baluchestan, Iran.

The US$1,600 million project includes the following:

1. Construction of processing units

2. Construction of production units

3. Construction of warehouses

4. Construction of distribution units

5. Construction of a cold rolling mill

6. Construction of a continuous galvanizing line

7. Installation of machinery

8. Construction of related infrastructure

Reasons To Buy

  • Gain insight into the project.
  • Monitor the latest project developments.
  • Identify key project contacts.


1.Key Statistics
2.Key Dates
3.Sector
4.Operating metrics
5.Tender Information
6.Scope
7.Description
8.Latest update
9.Background
10.Key Contacts
11.General News, Project News
12.Appendix

Download our eBook: How to Succeed Using Market Research

Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.

Download eBook

Share this report