PKP PLK – Kraków to Zakopane Railway Line – Lesser Poland Voivodeship - Project Profile
"PKP PLK – Kraków to Zakopane Railway Line – Lesser Poland Voivodeship - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "PKP PLK – Kraków to Zakopane Railway Line – Lesser Poland Voivodeship - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe SA (PKP PLK) is planning to construct a railway line in Lesser Poland Voivodeship, connecting Podleze, near Kraków, with Zakopane.
The project involves the construction and upgrade of railway lines, bridges and tunnels, railway stations and other required infrastructure facilities.
The project will be developed in three sections:
1. Construction of a 58.5km railway line from Podleze to Tymbark
2. Construction of a 31.8km of railway line from Tymbark to Nowy Targ
3. Construction of a 20.7km of railway line from Nowy Targ to Zakopane
The first section from Podleze (Rudzice) to Tymbark includes the construction of a two track railway line between Rudzice to Szczyrzyc and a single track line from Szczyrzyc to Tymbark, 11 tunnels with a total length of 12km and seven flyovers with a total length of 6km.
A consortium of Ernst & Young, WS Atkins-Polska Sp. Zoo and Wierzbowski Eversheds have been appointed as a consultant to undertake the feasibility study for the Podleze–Tymbark section.
In January 2014, the Podleze–Tymbark section was included in the government’s Program of Infrastructure and Environmental Development for 2014–2020.
The project will be developed using a public-private partnership (PPP) model.
In March 2017, tenders issued for a consultant for construction supervision for the first section of the project with a submission deadline of April 12, 2017.
On June 6, 2017, an agreement was signed between PKP PLK and ECM Group Polska for construction supervision on the first section of the project.
Under this agreement, ECM Group Polska will be responsible for the tender procedure for the selection of design consultant.
The process of selection of a design consultant for the first section of the project is underway. The first section is expected to be completed by 2026.
The project includes the construction and upgrade of railway lines connecting Podleze, near Kraków, with Zakopane in Lesser Poland Voivodeship, Poland.
The US$600 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of a 58.5km railway line connecting Podleze to Tymbark
2. Construction of a 31.8km railway line connecting Tymbark to Nowy Targ
3. Reconstruction of 20.7km of railway lines between Nowy Targ and Zakopane
4. Construction of bridges
5. Construction of 11 tunnels with a total length of 12km under the first section
6. Construction of seven flyovers with a total length of 6km under the first section
7. Construction of railway stations
8. Laying of high standard track gauge and power transmission lines
Reasons To Buy