PCLP/CPPIB – Paradise Circus Redevelopment – West Midlands - Project Profile
"PCLP/CPPIB – Paradise Circus Redevelopment – West Midlands - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "PCLP/CPPIB – Paradise Circus Redevelopment – West Midlands - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
Paradise Circus Ltd Partnership (PCLP), a joint venture company established by Birmingham City Council (BCC) and Hermes Investment Management (HIM) along with The Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) are undertaking the construction of a mixed-use complex in West Midlands, England.
The project involves the redevelopment of a 1,80,000m2 Paradise Circus. It includes the construction of eight office buildings, a hotel and new public realm alongside redrawn traffic routes around the old Paradise Circus Island and Summer Row. It is being developed in three phases with 10 new buildings.
The first phase includes the construction of two buildings as follows:
- One Chamberlain Square: It includes the construction of 15,979m2 eight storey building comprising roof terrace on the sixth floor, restaurants and retail units at ground level. The building is designed by Eric Parry Architects.
- Two Chamberlain Square: It includes the construction of 17,001m2 eight storey building comprising double-height reception area, shops, restaurants, and cafes at ground level. The building is designed by Glenn Howells Architects.
The second phase includes the construction of Three Chamberlain Square, One Centenary Way, and 250 room four-star Hotel: One Rectcliffe Square.
One Centenary Way is a new 26,941.88m2, 13-storey office building, with ground floor retail and food space, a roof terrace, basement parking and cycle hub. The building is designed by Glenn Howells Architects.
The third phase includes the construction of Five buildings named as Two Congreve Square, Three Congreve Square, Centenary Way Pavillion, Two Centenary Way, and One Congreve Square.
It also includes the construction of two-story car park structure, three public squares, upgrades to Chamberlain Square, and highway work around the Paradise Circus Queensway Island, cultural facilities, a 450-seat concert hall, leisure and civic amenities, walkways, access roads, parking space, and the installation of a comprehensive integrated security system, high-efficiency dimmable LED lighting, six high-speed elevators, two pipe chilled water fan coil units and perimeter heating systems.
Argent Group PLC (Argent) has been appointed as design consultant and project manager, Ramboll UK Ltd has as structural engineer and Bruce Gillingham Pollard appointed as restaurant and retail space marketing agent and DSM Demolition Group as demolition contractor.
In February 2011, a public exhibition was held showcasing the proposals for the redevelopment of Paradise Circus.
In July 2012, following extensive public consultation, Argent submitted an outline planning application to BCC.
In December 2012, BCC approved plans for the development of the project. In March 2014, Grant Associates (GA) was appointed as a landscape architect.
In April 2014, Glenn Howells Architects (GHA) and Eric Parry Architects were appointed as architect of the two building out of the total 10 buildings proposed for the development.
Arup, Faithful+Gould, Peter Brett and Grant Associates were appointed as Consulting Engineers.
In June 2014, Carillion Plc (Carillion) was appointed as construction contractor for the One Chamberlain Square.
In January 2015, demolition works on the first phase commenced along with enabling works.
In March 2016, CPPIB agreed to invest 50% in the first phase of the project.
In February 2017, construction contract for the Two Chamberlain Square under phase I was awarded to BAM Construction.
80% of construction works has been completed on One Chamberlain Square project.
In January 2018, Carillion was bankrupted and construction works on the project was placed on hold. However, later demolition works recommenced on the site clearance of the former Birmingham Conservatoire, Fletchers Walk and Chamberlain House area.
One Chamberlain Square is still on hold as PCLP is in the process of replacing Carillion contractor and demolition works on the former Birmingham Conservatoire, Fletchers Walk and Chamberlain House area are underway to commence construction works on Two Chamberlain Square. The entire project is due for completion in 2026.Scope
The project involves redevelopment of a 1,80,000m2 Paradise Circus in Birmingham, West Midlands, England, the UK.
The US$902 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of Grade A offices
2. Construction of shops
3. Construction of cultural facilities
4. Construction of 250 room four-star Hotel: One Rectcliffe Square
5. Construction of double-height reception area
6. Construction of restaurants, bars, cafes
7. Construction of a 450-seat concert hall
8. Construction of leisure and civic amenities
9. Construction of Two Chamberlain Square
10. Construction of One Chamberlain Square
11. Construction of One Centenary Way
12. Construction of new three public squares
13. Construction of Three Chamberlain Square
14. Construction of Two Congreve Square
15. Construction of Three Congreve Square
16. Construction of Centenary Way Pavillion
17. Construction of Two Centenary Way
18. Construction of One Congreve Square
19. Construction of two-story car park structure
20. Construction of access roads
21. Construction of walkways
22. Installation of comprehensive integrated security system
23. Installation of six high-speed elevators
24. Installation of two pipe chilled water fan coil units
25. Installation of perimeter heating systems
26. Upgrades to Chamberlain SquareReasons To Buy