Market Research Logo

NEEPCO – Chhimtuipui Hydroelectric Power Plant 635 MW – Mizoram - Project Profile

NEEPCO – Chhimtuipui Hydroelectric Power Plant 635 MW – Mizoram - Project Profile

Synopsis

"NEEPCO – Chhimtuipui Hydroelectric Power Plant 635 MW – Mizoram - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.

The "NEEPCO – Chhimtuipui Hydroelectric Power Plant 635 MW – Mizoram - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.

Summary

North Eastern Electric Power Corp (NEEPCO) is planning to build a hydroelectric power plant in Mizoram, India.

The project involves the construction of a hydroelectric power plant with generation capacity of 635MW. It will include the construction of a powerhouse and a substation, the installation of turbines and generators, and the laying of transmission lines.

The project feasibility report was prepared by Water Resources, Power and Infrastructure (WAPCOS).

On March 26, 2010, Government of Mizoram signed a memorandum of association (MOA) with NEEPCO for preparation of detailed project report (DPR) and subsequent execution.

In February 2011, NEEPCO has applied to the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India (GoI), to issue the necessary clearance for detail investigation and DPR preparation of the project.

The funding required for the project will be sourced from international and domestic resources, where around 85% of the cost will be met from foreign funding, and the remaining 15% cost will be borne by the Government of India.

The project is facing some international issue with Myanmar; however NEEPCO is in process of seeking approval from Ministry of Power (MOP) and MEA to undertake detail investigation & DPR preparation of the Project.

Subject to approval, construction is expected take six years to complete.

Scope

The project involves construction of a 635MW hydroelectric power plant in Mizoram, India.

The US$1,000 million project includes the following:

1. Construction of a powerhouse

2. Construction of a substation

3. Installation of turbines

4. Installation of generators

5. Laying of transmission lines

Reasons To Buy

  • Gain insight into the project.
  • Monitor the latest project developments.
  • Identify key project contacts.


1.Key Statistics
2.Key Dates
3.Sector
4.Operating metrics
5.Tender Information
6.Scope
7.Description
8.Latest update
9.Background
10.Key Contacts
11.General News, Project News
12.Appendix

Download our eBook: How to Succeed Using Market Research

Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.

Download eBook

Share this report