"MSC – Bimini Ocean Cay Marine Reserve Resort – Bahamas - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "MSC – Bimini Ocean Cay Marine Reserve Resort – Bahamas - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
MSC Cruises (MSC), a subsidiary of Mediterranean Shipping Company, S.A., is undertaking the construction of a resort in the south of Bimini, the Bahamas.
The project involves the construction of a resort on a 38.4ha of land. It will include the construction of a cruise port, 20-room boutique hotel, marine park, culture and entertainment hub, 2,000-seat amphitheater, restaurants, bars, a lagoon, a zip wire, a spa, a traditional Bahamian shopping village, theater, walking and running paths, a family beach with a children’s restaurant and play areas, private bungalows, massage huts, retail shops, a pavilion for weddings and celebrations, a small harbour, a welcome centre, a lighthouse, basketball court, tennis and volleyball courts, water sports facilities and related facilities.
It also includes the construction of a 10 to 15 slip mega yacht marina with future plans to expand it to 45-slip marina, a heliport, straw market and marine reserve.
On December 16, 2015, MSC has signed a 100-year lease agreement with the Bahamian government to develop the project.
MSC has invested US$10 million to redevelopment.
MSC has made a commitment to Bahamian entrepreneurial development through the offer of financing of construction and equipment in respect of restaurants, retail shops, water sports, entertainment, and attractions.
GLF Construction Corporation has been appointed as the dredging and reclamation contractor.
On January 16, 2017, groundbreaking ceremony was held on the project.
Site clearing activities are underway and the construction work of the entire project is scheduled to be completed in November 2018.
Stakeholder Information: Planning Authority: The Bahamas Environment Science and Technology (BEST) Commission Dredging and Reclamation Contractor: GLF Construction Corporation
The project involves the construction of a resort complex on 38.4ha area in Bimini, Bahamas.
The US$200 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of a 2,000-seat amphitheater
2. Construction of a restaurant
3. Construction of a zip wire
4. Construction of a spa
5. Construction of private bungalows
6. Construction of massage huts
7. Construction of retail shops
8. Construction of a pavilion for weddings and celebrations
9. 20-room boutique hotel
10. Construction of a marine park
11. Construction of a culture and entertainment hub
12. Construction of a lagoon, zip wire and a spa
13. Construction of a traditional Bahamian shopping village
14. Construction of a theater
15. Construction of a walking and running paths
16. Construction of a family beach with a children’s restaurant and play areas
17. Construction of a small harbor
18. Construction of a welcome center and a lighthouse
19. Construction of a basketball court, tennis, volleyball courts and water sports facilities
20. Construction of a police station, customs, immigration terminals and ferry passage for law enforcement authorities.
21. Construction of a 10 to 15 slip mega yacht marina
22. Construction of a heliport, straw market and marine reserve