MHA – Mallaig Harbour Expansion – Highland - Project Profile
"MHA – Mallaig Harbour Expansion – Highland - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "MHA – Mallaig Harbour Expansion – Highland - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
Mallaig Harbour Authority (MHA) plans to expand the Mallaig harbour in Highland, the UK.
The project involves the expansion of Mallaig Harbour, which is planned to be developed in five phases over 15 years.
The first phase includes the construction of west highland college and marine business support center and the modernization of fuel points.
The second phase includes a new fish handling facility, MHA workshop and relocation of fish box store to fish pier.
The third phase includes a deep water berth and quay, RoRo ferry berth and supporting infrastructure, harbour parking and relocation of salmon harvest station.
The fourth phase includes the construction of 100 marina berths, freight vessel berth, storage area, redevelopment of the former boatyard site and relocation of boatyard.
The fifth phase includes the development of leisure slipway and a promenade link.
Fisher Associates has been appointed as the planner, Wallace Stone LLP as civil engineer and EnviroCentre Ltd as environmental consultant for the project.
MHA is in the process of securing funding for the project development. A final plan is expected to be ready by the third quarter of 2017.
The project involves the expansion of the Mallaig harbour in Highland, the UK.
The US$112 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of west highland college and marine business support center
2. Construction of a new fish handling facility
3. Construction of MHA workshop
4. Construction of deep water berth and quay
5. Construction of RoRo ferry berth and supporting infrastructure
6. Construction of harbour parking
7. Construction of 100 marina berths
8. Construction of a freight vessel berth
9. Construction of storage area
10. Construction of a leisure slipway
11. Construction of a promenade link
12. Relocation of fish box store to fish pier
13. Relocation of salmon harvest station
14. Relocation of boatyard
15. Redevelopment of the former boatyard site
16. Modernization of fuel points
Reasons To Buy
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook