Kazakhstan’s Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2016
Timetric’s Kazakh fiscal regime outlines governing bodies, governing laws, licenses, rights and obligations and tax-related information on 12 commodities: coal, iron ore, zinc, lead, copper, bauxite, gold, silver, nickel, chromium, uranium and manganese.
Timetric's fiscal regime report covers Kazakhstan, which has significant fossil fuel reserves, and mineral and metal deposits. It produces a variety of mineral resources such as coal, uranium, lead, zinc, tungsten, molybdenum, borates, phosphorite, copper, potassium and cadmium.
The mining industry in Kazakhstan is governed by the Ministry of Industry and New Technology. The Law of Subsoil and Subsoil Use is the main regulating law for mining activities in the country.Scope
The report outlines governing bodies, governing laws, licenses, rights, obligations and key fiscal terms which includes upfront payments and taxes on subsurface usage, land tax, vehicle tax, deductions, depreciation, loss carry forward, withholding taxes and value added tax (VAT)Reasons To Buy
Gain an overview of Kazakhstan’s mining fiscal regime.
- Ministry of Industry and New Technology is responsible for the country’s technical and scientific development, as well as industries including chemical, pharmaceutical, small-scale business, woodworking and furniture, building and the manufacturing of building materials.
- Subsoil Use Department operates under the Ministry of Investment and Development, and is responsible for managing the state’s mineral resources.
- Mining activities in the country are regulated by the Law of Subsoil and Subsoil Use, effective from June 24, 2010.
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Table The Mining Industry in Kazakhstan - Key Taxes and Rates, 2016
- THE KAZAKHSTAN MINING INDUSTRY - GOVERNING BODIES
- Ministry of Industry and New Technology
- Subsoil Use Department
- THE KAZAKHSTAN MINING INDUSTRY - GOVERNING LAWS
- Law of Subsoil and Subsoil Use
- THE KAZAKHSTAN MINING INDUSTRY - OWNERSHIP AND LICENSING METHODS
- Mining Ownership
- Licensing Type
- Duration and Area
- THE KAZAKHSTAN MINING INDUSTRY - MINING RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- THE KAZAKHSTAN MINING INDUSTRY - KEY FISCAL TERMS
- Upfront Payments and Taxes on Subsurface Usage
- Subscription bonus
- Commercial discovery bonus
- Payment to compensate for historic cost
- Tax on production of useful minerals
- Table The Mining Industry in Kazakhstan - Tax on Production of Useful Minerals (%), 2016
- Excess profits tax
- Table The Mining Industry in Kazakhstan - Excess Profit Tax Rates (%), 2016
- Land Tax
- Vehicle Tax
- Table The Mining Industry in Kazakhstan - Transportation Tax Rates (%), 2016
- Table The Mining Industry in Kazakhstan - Depreciation Groups and Rates (%), 2016
- Loss Carry Forward
- Withholding Taxes
- Table The Mining Industry in Kazakhstan - Withholding Tax Rates (%), 2016
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Secondary Research
- Primary Research
- Contact Timetric
- About Timetric
- Timetric's Services