Iluka – West Balranald and Nepean Mine Development – New South Wales - Project Profile
"Iluka – West Balranald and Nepean Mine Development – New South Wales - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "Iluka – West Balranald and Nepean Mine Development – New South Wales - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
Iluka Resources Limited (Iluka) is planning to construct an Ilmenite, Rutile and Zircon mine in Balranald, New South Wales, Australia.
The project involves the construction of an Ilmenite, Rutile and Zircon mine on 9,964ha of land. It includes a mineral processing plant, a tailings storage facility, maintenance areas and workshops, product stockpiles, a truck load out area, administration offices and amenities, a ground water management infrastructure, a surface water management infrastructure, a services and utilities infrastructure, haul roads and other ancillary equipment and infrastructure.
The project also includes the construction of following components:
Reasons To Buy
- West Balranald access road – a private access road to be constructed from the Balranald Ivanhoe Road to the West Balranald mine.
- Nepean access road – a private access road would be constructed from the southern end of the West Balranald mine to the Burke and Wills Road.
- Services and utilities infrastructure – electricity infrastructure.
- Ground water management infrastructure – including watering injection and monitoring bores and associated pumps and pipelines.
- Haul roads – for heavy machinery and service roads for light vehicles.
EMGA Mitchell McLennan (EMM) has been appointed as environmental consultant and CDM Smith Australia Pty Ltd as engineering consultant.
In 2011, a sonic drilling program was held.
In 2012, the pre-feasibility study commenced.
In 2013, the pre-feasibility study was completed and a definitive feasibility study (DFS) commenced.
In October 2014, the sealed widths on the existing road network were measured by EMM.
In 2014, the activities associated with the DFS continued, including an extensive hydrogeological pilot program, and mining simulation activities which have refined pre-feasibility assumptions.
Iluka completed an environmental impact assessments (EIA) report and is preparing the final technical reports for the submission of an EIA Statement, planned for submission in the first quarter of 2015.
On March 16, 2015, the groundwater dependant ecosystems assessment report final draft was approved.
In 2015, the first stage of DFS was completed.
In 2016, the second stage of DFS progressed and was completed in June 2017.
Further study activities are underway. Subject to the approvals, construction works are expected to commence in 2018 and will be completed by 2020.
The West Balranald and Nepean mine involves the development of an Ilmenite, Rutile and Zircon mine in Balranald, New South Wales, Australia.
The US$300 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of a mineral processing plant
2. Construction of a tailings storage facility
3. Construction of maintenance areas and workshops
4. Construction of product stockpiles
5. Construction of truckload out area
6. Construction of administration offices and amenities
7. Construction of a groundwater management infrastructure
8. Construction of a surface water management infrastructure
9. Construction of a services and utilities infrastructure
10. Construction of haul roads
11. Construction of other ancillary equipment and infrastructure.
- Gain insight into the project.
- Monitor the latest project developments.
- Identify key project contacts.
- 1.Key Statistics
- 2.Key Dates
- 4.Tender Information
- 7.Latest update
- 9.Key Contacts