HSE – University Hospital Limerick Expansion – Munster - Project Profile
"HSE – University Hospital Limerick Expansion – Munster - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "HSE – University Hospital Limerick Expansion – Munster - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
Health Service Executive (HSE) is undertaking the Mid-Western Regional Hospital expansion project in Munster, Ireland.
The project involves the construction of new facilities with expansion of an existing hospital.
It includes the demolition of a single story canteen, an oil tank enclosure, a projecting escape stairs, an internal four story accommodation stair, partial demolition of a single story technical services building.
The project includes consists of a 96 bed unit, it includes the construction of a seven-story inpatient and outpatient facility extension including enclosed plant area at sixth story to provide a Neurological Center/Acute Stroke Inpatient Unit, Cystic Fibrosis Inpatient and Outpatient Units, Specialist Breast and Dermatology Outpatient Units and replacement of canteen, to be linked at each story into the north-east side of the existing four story Mid-Western Regional Hospital wards building, a new oil tank enclosure, a temporary escape stair, 90m2 area and a temporary canteen, 301m2 area both for use by the existing hospital during the construction period and an emergency department.
PUNCH Consulting Engineers has been appointed as consulting engineer.
On November 17, 2010, planning permission was secured for the project.
In April 2012, J.J. Rhatigan & Co was appointed as EPC contractor and on May 21, 2012, the construction work commenced.
In December 2012, construction work was halted.
In May 2013, construction work resumed on the cystic fibrosis unit and completed in fourth quarter of 2016.
In June 2017, funding approval received for the design phase of a 96-bed unit.
Design activities are underway for the 96-bed unit.
The project involves the construction of new facilities with the expansion of an existing Mid-Western Regional Hospital located at Dooradoyle in Limerick, Munster, Ireland.
The US$17 million project includes the following:
1. Demolition of a single story canteen
2. Demolition of an oil tank enclosure
3. Demolition of a projecting escape stairs
4. Demolition of an internal four story accommodation stairs
5. Partial demolition of single story technical services building
6. Construction of a seven story inpatient and outpatient facility
7. Construction of a neurological center/acute stroke inpatient unit
8. Construction of cystic fibrosis inpatient and outpatient units
9. Construction of a specialist breast and dermatology outpatient units
10. Construction of a new ground floor canteen
11. Construction of a new oil tank enclosure
12. Construction of 172m2 single story electricity sub station
13. Construction of a generator roomReasons To Buy
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook