"HIDCO – Biswa Bangla Convention Centre – Kolkata - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "HIDCO – Biswa Bangla Convention Centre – Kolkata - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
West Bengal Housing Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd. (HIDCO) is undertaking the construction of a convention center in Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
The project includes the construction of an 18-story facility on 4.04ha of land. It includes a conference hall with a seating capacity of 3,000, four large exhibition halls and a state banquet hall on an area of 1579m2, a pre-function space on an area of 1,161m2, a garden food court linked to the exhibition halls, two auditoriums with a seating capacity of 376, food and beverage facilities, a 100-room hotel, 10 meeting rooms, two restaurants, a coffee shop, a 743m2 business club including a library, a gymnasium, a billiards room, a cards room, a spa and a saloon on a 650m2 area, a terrace level swimming pool, 640 covered parking spaces, 92 open parking spaces and 15 bus parking spaces and related infrastructure facilities.
Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has been appointed as contractor, Dulal Mukherjee and Associates (DMA) as architect.
In March 2016, Feedback Infra Ltd has been appointed as transition adviser.
In November 2016, HIDCO held a pre-bid meeting with operators interested in participating in the bidding process.
Construction work is underway with completion scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2017.
The project involves the construction of a conventional center on 4.04ha of land at New Town, Rajarhat, Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
The US$200 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of a 4,000-capacity conference hall
2. Construction of four large exhibition halls
3. Construction of a state banquet with a total carpet area of 1,579m2
4. Construction of a pre-function space with a carpet area of 1,161m2
5. Construction of two auditoriums with a seating capacity of 376 each
6. Construction of beverage facilities
7. Construction of a 100-room hotel
8. Construction of 10 meeting rooms
9. Construction of a garden food court linked to exhibition halls
10. Construction of a gymnasium
11. Construction of a library
12. Construction of two restaurants
13. Construction of a spa and a saloon on 650m2 area
14. Construction of 747 parking spacesReasons To Buy