HIDCO – Biswa Bangla Convention Centre – Kolkata - Project Profile
"HIDCO – Biswa Bangla Convention Centre – Kolkata - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "HIDCO – Biswa Bangla Convention Centre – Kolkata - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
West Bengal Housing Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd. (HIDCO) is undertaking the construction of a convention center in Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
The project includes the construction of an 18-story facility on 4.04ha of land. It includes a conference hall with a seating capacity of 3,000, four large exhibition halls and a state banquet hall on an area of 1579m2, a pre-function space on an area of 1,161m2, a garden food court linked to the exhibition halls, two auditoriums with a seating capacity of 376, food and beverage facilities, a 100-room hotel, 10 meeting rooms, two restaurants, a coffee shop, a 743m2 business club including a library, a gymnasium, a billiards room, a cards room, a spa and a saloon on a 650m2 area, a terrace level swimming pool, 640 covered parking spaces, 92 open parking spaces and 15 bus parking spaces and related infrastructure facilities.
Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has been appointed as contractor, Dulal Mukherjee and Associates (DMA) as architect.
In March 2016, Feedback Infra Ltd has been appointed as transition adviser.
In November 2016, HIDCO held a pre-bid meeting with operators interested in participating in the bidding process.
Construction work is underway with completion scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2017.
The project involves the construction of a conventional center on 4.04ha of land at New Town, Rajarhat, Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
The US$200 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of a 4,000-capacity conference hall
2. Construction of four large exhibition halls
3. Construction of a state banquet with a total carpet area of 1,579m2
4. Construction of a pre-function space with a carpet area of 1,161m2
5. Construction of two auditoriums with a seating capacity of 376 each
6. Construction of beverage facilities
7. Construction of a 100-room hotel
8. Construction of 10 meeting rooms
9. Construction of a garden food court linked to exhibition halls
10. Construction of a gymnasium
11. Construction of a library
12. Construction of two restaurants
13. Construction of a spa and a saloon on 650m2 area
14. Construction of 747 parking spacesReasons To Buy
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook