Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Thai Insurance Industry
Timetric’s 'Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Thai Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Thailand.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Thailand, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Thailand.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Thailand.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
Reasons To Buy
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Thailand.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and companies.
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Thailand.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Thai insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
- The Thai insurance industry is regulated by the OIC.
- Thailand's foreign direct investment regime allows up to 49% foreign ownership in the country with permission from the OIC, which can be increased over 49% with the permission from the Ministry of Finance.
- Composite insurance is not permitted in Thailand.
- Motor third-party liability insurance and workmen’s compensation insurance are compulsory in Thailand.
- Non-admitted insurance is not permitted in the Thai insurance industry.
- What is this Report About?
- Table Insurance Industry Definitions
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Table Thailand - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
- Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
- Latest Changes in Regulation
- Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
- Life insurance
- Table Thailand - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Property insurance
- Table Thailand - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Motor insurance
- Table Thailand- Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Liability insurance
- Table Thailand - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Marine, aviation and transit insurance
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Compulsory Insurance
- Motor third-party liability insurance
- Workmen's compensation insurance
- Aviation liability insurance
- Liability insurance for transportation of hazardous substances
- Supervision and Control
- International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS)
- Office of Insurance Commission
- Thai General Insurance Association (TGIA)
- The Thai Life Assurance Association (TLAA)
- Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
- Market practices
- Fines and Penalties
- Company Registration and Operations
- Type of insurance organization
- Establishing a local company
- Foreign ownership
- Types of license
- Capital requirements
- Solvency margin
- Reserve requirements
- Investment regulations
- Statutory return requirements
- Fee structure
- Insurance premium or policy taxation
- Table Thailand - Stamp Duty on Insurance Policies
- Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
- Corporate tax
- Table Thailand - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2017
- Legal System
- Access to court
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Contact Timetric
- About Timetric
- Timetric's Services