Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Syrian Insurance Industry
Timetric’s 'Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Syrian Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Syria. It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operations of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, recent and upcoming changes in regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to insurance industry in Syria including:
- An overview of insurance regulatory framework in Syria.
- The latest key changes and changes expected in the insurance regulatory framework in the country.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance products in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Syria.
- Key GRC parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency requirements, reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of tax system and legal system prevailing in the country.
Reasons To Buy
- This report covers details of insurance regulatory framework of Syria.
- The report contains details of rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report enlists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the insurance regulatory framework of the country.
- The report analyzes rules and regulations pertaining to establishment and operation of insurance business in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and companies.
- Legal system prevailing in the country has also been covered under the purview of the report.
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Syria
- Track latest regulatory changes and expected changes impacting the Syrian insurance industry
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance products.
- The Syrian insurance industry is regulated by the Syrian Insurance Supervisory Commission.
- Non-admitted insurance is not permitted in the Syrian insurance industry.
- Composite insurance is allowed in Syrian insurance industry.
- The government of Syria does not impose VAT on goods and services.
- Workmen’s compensation, motor third-party liability insurance and marine cargo insurance on imports are the key compulsory classes of insurance in the Syrian insurance industry.
- What is this Report About?
- Table Insurance Industry Definitions
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Table Syria - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
- Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
- Latest Changes in Regulations
- Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
- Life insurance
- Table Syria - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Property insurance
- Table Syria - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Motor insurance
- Table Syria - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Liability insurance
- Table Syria - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Marine, aviation and transit insurance
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Compulsory Insurance
- Workmen's compensation
- Motor third-party liability insurance
- Supervision and Control
- Syrian Insurance Supervisory Commission (SISC)
- Syrian Insurance Federation (SIF)
- Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
- Market practices
- Fines and penalties
- Company Registration and Operations
- Types of insurance organization
- Establishing a local company
- Foreign ownership
- Types of license
- Capital requirements
- Solvency margins
- Reserve requirements
- Investment regulations
- Statutory return requirements
- Fee structure
- Insurance premium or policy taxation
- Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
- Corporate tax
- Table Syria - Corporate Tax Rate for the Financial Year 2015
- Captive s
- Legal System
- Acce ss to court
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Contact Timetric
- About Timetric
- Timetric's Services