Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Sri Lankan Insurance Industry
Timetric’s 'Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Sri Lankan Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Sri Lanka.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Sri Lanka, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Sri Lanka.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Sri Lanka.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
Reasons To Buy
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Sri Lanka.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Sri Lanka.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Sri Lankan insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
- The Insurance Board of Sri Lanka regulates and supervises the insurance industry.
- 100% FDI is permitted in the Sri Lankan insurance industry.
- The Sri Lankan insurance industry is moving towards risk-based capital system in order to make it on par with the prevailing international practice.
- The placement of non-admitted insurance is not permitted. However non-admitted reinsurers are permitted to operate in the country.
- With effect from February 2016, all insurers in Sri Lanka are required to be listed on a licensed stock exchange.
- What is this Report About?
- Table Insurance Industry Definitions
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Table Sri Lanka - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
- Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
- Latest Changes in Regulations
- Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
- Life insurance
- Table Sri Lanka - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Table Sri Lanka - Maximum Commission Payable to an Insurance Agent
- Property insurance
- Table Sri Lanka - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Motor insurance
- Table Sri Lanka - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Liability insurance
- Table Sri Lanka - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Marine, aviation and transit insurance
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Compulsory Insurance
- Motor third-party liability insurance
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Professional indemnity insurance for insurance brokers
- Weather-based crop insurance for farmers
- Table Sri Lanka - Benefits of Mandatory Crop Insurance
- Oil pollution insurance
- Table Sri Lanka - Liability Limits of Oil Pollution Insurance
- Supervision and Control
- International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS)
- Insurance Board of Sri Lanka
- Insurance Association of Sri Lanka (IASL)
- Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
- Market practices
- Fines and penalties
- Company Registration and Operations
- Types of insurance organization
- Establishing a local company
- Foreign ownership
- Types of license
- Capital requirements
- Solvency margins
- Reserve requirements
- Investment regulations
- Statutory return requirements
- Fee structure
- Insurance premium or policy taxation
- Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
- Corporate tax
- Table Sri Lanka - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2016
- Legal System
- Access to court
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Contact Timetric
- About Timetric
- Timetric's Services