Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Slovakian Insurance Industry
Timetric’s 'Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Slovakian Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Slovakia.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Slovakia, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Slovakia.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Slovakia.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
Reasons To Buy
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Slovakia.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Slovakia.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Slovakian insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
- The Slovakian insurance industry is regulated by the National Bank of Slovakia.
- 100% foreign direct investment (FDI) is permitted in the Slovakian insurance industry..
- Composite insurance is not permitted in Slovakia. However, insurers operating life insurance business are allowed to operate in personal accident and health insurance classes, and vice versa.
- Key classes of compulsory insurance include motor third-party liability, and air carrier and aviation liability.
- Solvency II, which introduced new risk management standards, was implemented effective from January 1, 2016.
- What is this Report About?
- Table Insurance Industry Definitions
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Table Slovakia - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
- Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
- Latest Changes in Regulation
- Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
- Life insurance
- Table Slovakia- Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Property insurance
- Table Slovakia - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Motor insurance
- Table Slovakia - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Liability insurance
- Table Slovakia - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Marine, aviation and transit insurance
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Compulsory Insurance
- Motor third party liability insurance
- Air carriers and aircraft liability insurance
- Table Slovakia - Minimum Cover for Aircraft Third-Party Liability per Accident per Aircraft
- Social insurance system
- Professional indemnity insurance for alternative investment fund managers
- Liability for ships with respect to oil pollution
- Supervision and Control
- International Association of Insurance Supervisors
- European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA)
- National Bank of Slovakia
- Federation of European Risk Management Associations
- Slovak Insurance Association
- Non-Admitted Insurance Regulation
- Market practices
- Fines and Penalties
- Company Registration and Operations
- Type of insurance organization
- Establishing a local company
- Foreign ownership
- Types of license
- Capital requirements
- Solvency margin
- Reserve requirements
- Investment regulations
- Statutory return requirements
- Fee structure
- Table Slovakia - Authorization Fee of Insurance and Reinsurance Companies
- Insurance premium or policy taxation
- Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
- Corporate tax
- Table Slovakia - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2016
- Legal System
- Access to court
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Contact Timetric
- About Timetric
- Timetric's Services