Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Russian Insurance Industry
Timetric’s 'Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Russian Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Russia.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Russia, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Russia.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Russia.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
Reasons To Buy
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Russia.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Russia.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Russian insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
- The Russian insurance industry is governed by the Financial Market Access Department of the Bank of Russia.
- Foreign direct investment is limited to 49% for operation in life and certain other classes of insurance. However, there is no fixed limit for FDI in Russia.
- Composite insurance is prohibited in the Russian insurance industry.
- Non-admitted insurance is not permitted in the country, with a few exceptions.
- Key classes of compulsory insurance include motor third-party liability, and aviation liability.
- What is this Report About?
- Table Insurance Industry Definitions
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Table Russia - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
- Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
- Latest Changes in Regulations
- Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
- Life insurance
- Table Russia - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Property insurance
- Table Russia - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Motor insurance
- Table Russia - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Liability insurance
- Table Russia - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Marine, aviation and transit insurance
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Compulsory Insurance
- Health insurance
- Motor liability insurance
- Table Russia - Compensation Provided by the Insurer under Motor Liability Insurance
- Third-party liability insurance for hazardous activities
- Aviation liability insurance
- Table Russia - Compensation Provided by the Insurer in the Event of Accident by Domestic Air Carriage
- Liability insurance for clinical trials
- Workmen's compensation insurance
- Supervision and Control
- International Association of Insurance Supervisors
- Financial Market Access Department of the Bank of Russia (FMAD)
- All-Russian Insurance Association (ARIA)
- Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
- Market practices
- Fines and penalties
- Company Registration and Operations
- Types of insurance organization
- Establishing a local company
- Foreign ownership
- Types of license
- Capital requirements
- Table Russia - Minimum Capital Requirements
- Solvency margins
- Reserve requirements
- Investment regulations
- Statutory return requirements
- Fee structure
- Insurance premium or policy taxation
- Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
- Corporate tax
- Table Russia - Corporate Tax Rates in Russia for the Financial Year 2016
- Legal System
- Access to court
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Contact Timetric
- About Timetric
- Timetric's Services