Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Myanmar Insurance Industry
Timetric’s 'Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Myanmar Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Myanmar.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Myanmar, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Myanmar.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Myanmar.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
Reasons To Buy
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Myanmar.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Myanmar.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Myanmar insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
- The Insurance Business Supervisory Board supervises and regulates the Myanma insurance industry under the Ministry of Finance and Revenue.
- Composite insurance is permitted in Myanmar.
- The government of Myanmar does not permit foreign direct investment (FDI) in the insurance industry. However, the government is planning to open up the industry for foreign insurers by permitting 100% FDI.
- The placement of non-admitted insurance is not permitted in the Myanma insurance industry.
- Motor third-party liability insurance, accident insurance and professional indemnity for insurance brokers are the key classes of compulsory insurance in Myanmar.
- What is this Report About?
- Table Insurance Industry Definitions
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Table Myanmar - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
- Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
- Latest Changes in Regulation
- Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
- Life insurance
- Table Myanmar - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Property insurance
- Table Myanmar - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Motor insurance
- Table Myanmar - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Liability insurance
- Table Myanmar - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Marine, aviation and transit insurance
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Compulsory Insurance
- Accident insurance for travellers
- Motor third-party liability insurance
- Social security insurance
- Supervision and Control
- The Ministry of Finance and Revenue
- The Insurance Business Supervisory Board
- Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
- Market practices
- Fines and penalties
- Company Registration and Operations
- Type of insurance organization
- Establishing a local company
- Foreign ownership
- Types of license
- Capital requirements
- Solvency margin
- Reserve requirements
- Investment regulations
- Statutory return requirements
- Fee structure
- Insurance premium or policy taxation
- Table Myanmar - Stamp duty for Insurance Products
- Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
- Corporate tax
- Table Myanmar - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2016
- Legal System
- Access to court
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Contact Timetric
- About Timetric
- Timetric's Services