Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Mexican Insurance Industry
Timetric’s 'Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Mexican Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Mexico.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Mexico, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Mexico.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Mexico.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
Reasons To Buy
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Mexico.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Mexico.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Mexican insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
- The Mexican insurance industry is regulated by the Comisión Nacional de Seguros y Fianzas.
- Premiums are exempt from insurance premium tax in Mexico, with the exception of medical and personal accident policies, which are subject to an insurance premium tax of 16%.
- Non-admitted insurance is prohibited in Mexico, with the exception of a few insurance classes.
- FDI is permitted in the Mexican insurance industry up to 100%.
- Composite insurance is not permitted in Mexico. However, life insurance companies are permitted to underwrite health and accident insurance business.
- What is this Report About?
- Table Insurance Industry Definitions
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Table Mexico - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
- Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
- Latest changes in regulations
- Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
- Life insurance
- Table Mexico - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Property insurance
- Table Mexico - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Motor insurance
- Table Mexico - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Liability insurance
- Table Mexico - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Marine, aviation and transit insurance
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Compulsory Insurance
- Workers' compensation insurance
- Motor third-party liability insurance
- Table Mexico - Implementation of Mandatory Motor Third-Party Liability Insurance
- Social security system
- Liability for ships with respect to oil pollution
- Liability insurance in respect of transportation of dangerous or toxic substances
- Errors and omission insurance for bonding agents
- Supervision and Control
- International Association of Insurance Supervisors
- Association of Insurance Supervisors Latin America
- Secretaria de Hacienda y Credito Publico
- Comisión Nacional de Seguros y Fianzas
- Association of Mexican Insurance Companies
- Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
- Market practices
- Fines and penalties
- Company Registration and Operations
- Types of insurance organization
- Establishing a local company
- Foreign ownership
- Types of license
- Capital requirements
- Solvency margins
- Reserve requirements
- Investment regulations
- Statutory return requirements
- Fee structure
- Insurance premium or policy taxation
- Withholding tax on insurance premiums paid overseas
- Corporate tax
- Table Mexico - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2016
- Legal System
- Access to court
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Contact Timetric
- About Timetric
- Timetric's Services