Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Malaysian Insurance Industry
Timetric’s 'Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Malaysian Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Malaysia.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Malaysia, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Malaysia.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in .
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
Reasons To Buy
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Malaysia.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Malaysia.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Malaysian insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
- The Malaysian insurance industry is regulated by BNM, under the Ministry of Finance.
- The life and non-life insurance businesses in Malaysia are regulated by the provisions of the FSA, which came into force on June 30, 2013.
- The Malaysian government permits FDI up to a limit of 70% in the insurance industry.
- Composite insurance is not permitted in Malaysia.
- Non-admitted insurers and intermediaries are not permitted in the Malaysian insurance industry.
- Motor third-party liability insurance and workmen’s compensation insurance are compulsory in Malaysia.
- What is this Report About?
- Table Insurance Industry Definitions
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Table Malaysia - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
- Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
- Latest Changes in Regulation
- Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
- Life insurance
- Table Malaysia - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Property insurance
- Table Malaysia - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Table Malaysia - Fire Insurance: Perils and Premium Rate
- Table Malaysia- Premium Loading on Basic Rate
- Table Malaysia- Short Period Insurance Premium Rates
- Motor insurance
- Table Malaysia- Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Table Malaysia - Motor Insurance Rating Tariff
- Liability insurance
- Table Malaysia - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Marine, aviation and transit insurance
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Compulsory Insurance
- Motor third-party liability insurance
- Travel insurance
- Workmen's compensation insurance
- Liability for ships with respect to oil pollution
- Foreign workers' health insurance
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Supervision and Control
- International Association of Insurance Supervisors
- Central Bank of Malaysia or Bank Negara Malaysia
- General Insurance Association of Malaysia
- Life Insurance Association of Malaysia (LIAM)
- Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
- Market practices
- Fines and Penalties
- Company Registration and Operations
- Type of insurance organization
- Establishing a local company
- Foreign ownership
- Types of license
- Capital requirements
- Solvency margin
- Reserve requirements
- Investment regulations
- Statutory return requirements
- Fee structure
- Insurance premium or policy taxation
- Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
- Corporate tax
- Table Malaysia - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2017
- Legal System
- Access to court
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Contact Timetric
- About Timetric
- Timetric's Services