Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Malawian Insurance Industry
Timetric’s 'Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Malawian Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Malawi.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Malawi, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Malawi.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Malawi.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
Reasons To Buy
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Malawi.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and companies.
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Malawi.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Malawian insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
- The insurance industry of Malawi is regulated by the Pension and Insurance Supervision Department of the Reserve Bank of Malawi.
- Motor third-party liability insurance is compulsory.
- Composite insurance is not permitted in the Malawian insurance industry.
- 100% foreign direct investment is permitted in the Malawian insurance industry.
- Non-admitted insurance is prohibited by the insurance legislation. Risks that are not covered by the domestic insurers can be placed with unauthorized insurers.
- What is this Report About?
- Table Insurance Industry Definitions
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Table Malawi - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
- Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
- Latest Changes in Regulations
- Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
- Life insurance
- Table Malawi - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Property insurance
- Table Malawi - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Motor insurance
- Table Malawi - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Liability insurance
- Table Malawi - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Marine, aviation and transit insurance
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Compulsory Insurance
- Motor third-party liability insurance
- Fidelity guarantee and professional indemnity insurance for insurance brokers
- Supervision and Control
- International Association of Insurance Supervisors
- African Insurance Organization
- Reserve Bank of Malawi
- Insurance Association of Malawi
- Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
- Market practices
- Fines and penalties
- Company Registration and Operations
- Types of insurance organization
- Establishing a local company
- Foreign ownership
- Types of license
- Capital requirements
- Solvency margins
- Reserve requirements
- Investment regulations
- Statutory return requirements
- Fee structure
- Insurance premium or policy taxation
- Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
- Corporate tax
- Table Malawi - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2016
- Legal System
- Access to court
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Contact Timetric
- About Timetric
- Timetric's Services