Governance, Risk and Compliance – The French Insurance Industry
Timetric’s 'Governance, Risk and Compliance – The French Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in France.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in France, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in France.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in France.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
Reasons To Buy
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in France.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in France.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the French insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
- The French insurance industry is regulated by the ACP.
- Non-admitted insurance is not permitted in the French insurance industry. However, insurers from EEA member states are permitted to operate without obtaining a license from the ACPR.
- Composite insurance is not permitted in France. However, a reinsurer may carry out both life and non-life reinsurance.
- 100% foreign direct investment is permitted in the French insurance industry.
- Solvency II was implemented from January 1, 2016.
- What is this Report About?
- Table Insurance Industry Definitions
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Table France – Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
- Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
- Latest Changes in Regulations
- Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
- Life insurance
- Table France – Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Property insurance
- Table France – Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Motor insurance
- Table France – Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Liability insurance
- Table France – Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Marine, aviation and transit insurance
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Compulsory Insurance
- Motor third-party liability (MTPL) insurance
- Workers' compensation
- Air carriers and aircraft operators insurance
- Table France – Minimum Cover for Aircraft Third-Party Liability Per Accident Per Aircraft
- Professional indemnity insurance for alternative investment fund managers
- Liability insurance for health professionals
- Clinical trials liability insurance
- Liability insurance for construction contractors (decennial liability insurance)
- Supervision and Control
- International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS)
- European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority
- Autorité de Contrôle Prudentiel
- Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF)
- Federation of European Risk Management Associations (FERMA)
- Non-Admitted Insurance
- Market practices
- Fines and penalties
- Company Registration and Operations
- Types of insurance organization
- Establishing a local company
- Foreign ownership
- Types of license
- Capital requirements
- Solvency margins
- Reserve requirements
- Investment regulations
- Statutory return requirements
- Fee structure
- Insurance premium or policy taxation
- Table France – Insurance Premium Taxation
- Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
- Corporate tax
- Table France – Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2016
- Legal System
- Access to court
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Contact Timetric
- About Timetric
- Timetric's Services