Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Finnish Insurance Industry
Timetric’s 'Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Finnish Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Finland.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Finland, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Finland.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Finland.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
Reasons To Buy
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Finland.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and companies.
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Finland.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Finnish insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
- The Finnish insurance industry is regulated by the Financial Supervisory Authority.
- The new Solvency II standards have applied since January 1, 2016.
- Composite insurance is not permitted in Finland. However, a life insurance company can underwrite accident and health insurance.
- Motor third-party liability insurance, workmen’s compensation insurance and air carriers and aircraft operators insurance are mandatory in Finland.
- Non-admitted insurance is not permitted in Finland. However, insurance and reinsurance companies from EEA/EU member states are permitted to operate without a license.
- What is this Report About?
- Table Insurance Industry Definitions
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Table Finland - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
- Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
- Latest Changes in Regulations
- Regulations and market practice by Type of Insurance
- Life insurance
- Table Finland - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Property insurance
- Table Finland - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Motor insurance
- Table Finland - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Liability insurance
- Table Finland - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Marine, aviation and transit insurance
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Compulsory Insurance
- Motor third-party liability insurance
- Workers' compensation insurance
- Clinical Trials Liability Insurance
- Pension insurance for private employers
- Air carriers and aircraft operators insurance
- Table Finland - Minimum Coverage for Aircraft Third-Party Liability Per Accident and Aircraft
- Professional indemnity insurance for alternative investment fund managers
- Professional liability insurance for insurance brokers
- Liability insurance for ships with respect to oil pollution
- Supervision and Control
- International Association of Insurance Supervisors
- European Insurance and Occupational Pension Authority
- Federation of European Risk Management Associations
- Financial Supervisory Authority
- The Federation of Finnish Financial Services
- Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
- Market practices
- Fines and penalties
- Company Registration and Operations
- Types of insurance organization
- Establishing a local company
- Foreign ownership
- Types of license
- Capital requirements
- Solvency margins
- Reserve requirements
- Investment regulations
- Statutory return requirements
- Fee structure
- Insurance premium or policy taxation
- Table Finland - Insurance Premium Taxation
- Withholding tax on insurance premium paid overseas
- Corporate tax
- Table Finland - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2017
- Legal System
- Access to court
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Contact Timetric
- About Timetric
- Timetric's Services