Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Dominican Republic Insurance Industry
Timetric’s 'Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Dominican Republic Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Dominican Republic.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Dominican Republic, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Dominican Republic.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Dominican Republic.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
Reasons To Buy
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Dominican Republic.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Dominican Republic.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Dominican Republic insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
- The Dominican insurance industry is regulated by the Superintendent of Insurance.
- 100% foreign direct investment is permitted in the Dominican insurance industry.
- Composite insurance is not permitted in the Dominican Republic, although both life and non-life insurers are permitted to operate accident and health insurance business.
- Motor third-party liability, workers’ compensation and public health insurance are compulsory.
- Non-admitted insurers are not permitted in the Dominican insurance industry.
- What is this Report About?
- Table Insurance Industry Definitions
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Table Dominican Republic - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
- Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
- Latest Changes in Regulation
- Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
- Life insurance
- Table Dominican Republic - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Property insurance
- Table Dominican Republic - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Motor insurance
- Table Dominican Republic - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Liability insurance
- Table Dominican Republic - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Marine, aviation and transit insurance
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Compulsory Insurance
- Motor third-party liability insurance
- Table Dominican Republic - Minimum Liability Limits and Base Premium Rate for Motor Third- Party Liability Policies
- Table Dominican Republic - Surcharges on Base Premium Based on Power and Use of Vehicle
- Social insurance system
- Liability for ships with respect to oil pollution
- Professional indemnity insurance for larger insurance brokers
- Supervision and Control
- International Association of Insurance Supervisors
- Association of Insurance Supervisors Latin America
- Superintendent of Insurance
- Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
- Market practices
- Fines and Penalties
- Company Registration and Operations
- Type of insurance organization
- Establishing a local company
- Foreign ownership
- Types of license
- Capital requirements
- Solvency margin
- Reserve requirements
- Investment regulations
- Statutory return requirements
- Fee structure
- Insurance premium or policy taxation
- Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
- Corporate tax
- Table Dominican Republic - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2017
- Legal System
- Access to court
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Contact Timetric
- About Timetric
- Timetric's Services