Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Bulgarian Insurance Industry
Timetric’s 'Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Bulgarian Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Bulgaria.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Bulgaria, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Bulgaria.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Bulgaria.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
Reasons To Buy
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Bulgaria.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Bulgaria.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Bulgarian insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
- The Bulgarian insurance industry is regulated by the FSC.
- 100% FDI is permitted in the Bulgarian insurance industry.
- Placement of non-admitted insurance or reinsurance contracts is not permitted in Bulgaria, except for non-admitted insurance and reinsurance contracts issued by insurance companies from other EU or EEA member states.
- Key classes of compulsory insurance include motor third-party liability insurance and personal accident insurance for passengers in public transport.
- Composite insurance is not permitted in Bulgaria.
- What is this Report About?
- Table Insurance Industry Definitions
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Table Bulgaria - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
- Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
- Latest Changes in Regulation
- Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Table Bulgaria - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Property Insurance
- Table Bulgaria - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Motor Insurance
- Table Bulgaria - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Liability insurance
- Table Bulgaria - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Marine, aviation and transit insurance
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Compulsory Insurance
- Motor third-party liability insurance
- Personal accident insurance for passengers on public transport
- Workmen's compensation
- Air carriers and aircraft operators insurance
- Table Bulgaria - Minimum Cover for Aircraft Third-Party Liability per Accident per Aircraft
- Professional indemnity insurance for alternative investment fund managers
- Liability for ships with respect to oil pollution
- Social insurance system
- Supervision and Control
- International Association of Insurance Supervisors
- European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA)
- Financial Supervision Commission
- Federation of European Risk Management Associations (FERMA)
- Non-Admitted Insurance Regulation
- Market practices
- Fines and Penalties
- Company Registration and Operations
- Type of insurance organization
- Establishing a local company
- Foreign ownership
- Types of license
- Capital requirements
- Solvency margin
- Reserve requirements
- Investment regulations
- Statutory return requirements
- Fee structure
- Insurance premium or policy taxation
- Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
- Corporate tax
- Table Bulgaria - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2016
- Legal System
- Access to court
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Contact Timetric
- About Timetric
- Timetric's Services