Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Barbadian Insurance Industry
Timetric’s 'Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Barbadian Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Barbados.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Barbados, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Barbados.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Barbados.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
Reasons To Buy
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Barbados.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Barbados.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Barbadian insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
- The Barbados insurance industry is regulated by the Financial Services Commission.
- Motor third-party liability insurance and professional indemnity for insurance brokers are mandatory in Barbados.
- Composite insurance is permitted in Barbados.
- The Barbadian government permits 100% foreign direct investment.
- Non-admitted insurance is prohibited in Barbados. However, if local capacity is not available, an insured can obtain insurance from non-admitted insurer.
- What is this Report About?
- Table Insurance Industry Definitions
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Table Barbados - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
- Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
- Latest Changes in Regulations
- Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
- Life insurance
- Table Barbados - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Property insurance
- Table Barbados - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Motor insurance
- Table Barbados - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Liability insurance
- Table Barbados - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Marine, aviation and transit insurance
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Compulsory Insurance
- Social insurance system
- Motor third-party liability insurance
- Professional indemnity for insurance brokers
- Liability for ships with respect to oil pollution
- Supervision and Control
- International Association of Insurance Supervisors
- Caribbean Association of Insurance Regulators
- The Insurance Association of the Caribbean INC
- Financial Services Commission
- Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
- Market practices
- Fines and penalties
- Company Registration and Operations
- Types of insurance organization
- Establishing a local company
- Foreign ownership
- Types of license
- Capital requirements
- Table Barbados - Minimum Capital Requirements
- Table Barbados - Minimum Deposit Requirements for Brokers
- Solvency margins
- Reserve requirements
- Investment regulations
- Statutory return requirements
- Fee structure
- Table Barbados - Application Fees for Domestic and Exempt Insurance Business
- Table Barbados - Registration Fees for Domestic and Exempt Insurance Business
- Insurance premium or policy taxation
- Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
- Corporate tax
- Table Barbados - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2016
- Table Barbados - Taxation on Premium Income of Insurance Companies
- Legal System
- Access to court
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Contact Timetric
- About Timetric
- Timetric's Services