Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Angolan Insurance Industry
Timetric’s 'Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Angolan Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Angola.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Angola, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Angola.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Angola.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
Reasons To Buy
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Angola.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Angola.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Angolan insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
- The Angolan insurance industry is regulated and supervised by the Angolan Agency of Regulation and Supervision of Insurance (ARSEG) under the Ministry of Finance.
- Workmen’s compensation, motor third-party liability and aircraft liability insurance are the key classes of compulsory insurance in Angola.
- Composite insurers are permitted in the Angolan insurance industry.
- Non-admitted insurance is not permitted in the Angolan insurance industry.
- Insurance taxes issued in Angola are free from premium taxes.
- What is this Report About?
- Table Insurance Industry Definitions
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Table Angola - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
- Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
- Latest Changes in Regulation
- Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
- Life insurance
- Table Angola - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Property insurance
- Table Angola - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Motor insurance
- Table Angola - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Liability insurance
- Table Angola - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Marine, aviation and transit insurance
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Compulsory Insurance
- Workmen's compensation
- Aviation liability insurance
- Table Angola - Minimum Amount to be Insured by Aircraft Owners Against Third-Party Liability
- Motor third-party liability insurance
- Table Angola - Minimum Amount to be Insured by Automobile Owners Against Third-Party Liability
- Compulsory Constitution of Work Insurance
- Professional liability insurance of reinsurance brokers
- Environmental liability insurance
- Liability insurance for ships with respect to oil pollution
- Supervision and Control
- African Insurance Organization
- Angolan Agency of Regulation and Supervision of Insurance
- Angola Insurance Association
- Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
- Market practices
- Fines and Penalties
- Company Registration and Operations
- Type of insurance organization
- Establishing a local company
- Foreign ownership
- Types of license
- Capital requirements
- Solvency margin
- Reserve requirements
- Investment regulations
- Statutory return requirements
- Fee structure
- Insurance premium or policy taxation
- Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
- Corporate tax
- Table Angola - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2017
- Legal System
- Access to court
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Contact Timetric
- About Timetric
- Timetric's Services