GOSH – Great Ormond Street Children Hospital: Phase IV – London - Project Profile
"GOSH – Great Ormond Street Children Hospital: Phase IV – London - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "GOSH – Great Ormond Street Children Hospital: Phase IV – London - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children (GOSH) is undertaking the construction of the children hospital: Phase IV at Great Ormond Street, London, the UK.
The project involves the construction of four-story 23,000m2 new hospital building. It includes the construction of 60 consulting rooms, 100 beds alongside new teaching rooms, outpatient rooms, radiology and laboratory suites, education facilities including a new school, a teenage area and a roof top garden, an activity center, an office space, emergency units, safety and security systems and related facilities.
On August 15, 2016, Currie & Brown Holdings Ltd was appointed as cost consultant.
Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) has been appointed as a lead consultant. The scope of its work includes running the competition for the appointment of Design-Build (DB) Contract.
On August 26, 2016, Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) issued Requests to participate or Expression of interest (EOI) for the multi-disciplinary design team with the main contractor (Design-Build Contract) with October 7, 2016 as submission deadline.
On January 4, 2017, three teams were shortlisted for Design-Build (DB) Contract:
- Conrad Gargett (healthcare architect), Eric Parry Architects (design architect) and Carillion (Developer)
- BDP (design and healthcare architect) and John Sisk and Son (Developer)
- Heatherwick Studio, architects HOK and Skanska UK Plc (Developer)
Public consultations for design build contract are underway and are scheduled to be completed in March 2017.
In April 2017, Skanska UK Plc was awarded the design-build contract.
GOSH is in the process of submitting an application for planning permission in mid-2018. Subject to the approval construction will begin in the fourth quarter of 2019.
The project involves the construction of the children hospital: Phase IV at Great Ormond Street, London, the UK.
The US$233 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of four-story 23,000m2 hospital building
2. Construction of 60 consulting rooms
3. Construction of 100 beds alongside new teaching rooms
4. Construction of outpatient rooms
5. Construction of radiology and laboratory suites
6. Construction of education facilities including a new school
7. Construction of a teenage area
8. Construction of a roof top garden
9. Construction of an activity center
10. Construction of an office space
11. Construction of emergency service units
12. Installation of safety and security systems
Reasons To Buy
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook