DB – Dortmund Central Railway Station Expansion – North Rhine-Westphalia - Project Profile
"DB – Dortmund Central Railway Station Expansion – North Rhine-Westphalia - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "DB – Dortmund Central Railway Station Expansion – North Rhine-Westphalia - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
Deutsche Bahn AG (DB) is planning to undertake the construction of the central railway station in Dortmund, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.
The project involves the construction of a central railway station, expansion of a pedestrian tunnel from 9.20m to 13.20m wide, a step-free platform access, platforms, a substation, and the installation of new elevators, stairs, escalators, flooring, the lighting technology, A new route guidance system, information panels, new roofs and heated waiting facilities ensure a more pleasant stay, the urban railway distribution area, the public address systems.
November 2015, The planning permit for the project was granted by the Eisenbahn-Bundesamt (EBA)
In March 2017 the construction preparatory work was carried out. construction is scheduled to start by 2017.
The project involves the construction of a central railway station in Dortmund, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.
The US$114 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of a central railway station
2. Expansion of a pedestrian tunnel from 9.20m to 13.20m wide
3. Construction of a step-free platform access
3. Construction of platforms
4. Construction of a substation
5. Installation of elevators
6. Installation of stairs
7. Installation of escalators
8. Installation of flooring
9. Installation of the lighting technology
10. Installation of new route guidance system
11. Installation of information panels
12. Construction of new roofs
13. Construction of heated waiting facilities ensure a more pleasant stay
14. Construction of the urban railway distribution area