CBL – Cardiff Arms Park Stadium Redevelopment – UK - Project Profile
"CBL – Cardiff Arms Park Stadium Redevelopment – UK - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "CBL – Cardiff Arms Park Stadium Redevelopment – UK - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
Cardiff Blues Ltd (CBL) is planning to rebuild the Cardiff Arms Park Stadium in the UK.
The project involves the redevelopment of an existing stadium and is considering two options:
Option one: The US$192 million indoor arena for 15,000 spectators with flooring technology that would feature a rugby pitch installed for games, but replaced for concerts and conferences.
Option two: A new stadium built at 90% degrees to the existing Arms Park arena at a cost of US$32 million, which will be funded by commercial space around it, including residential and office facilities.
The project also features an exhibition center, a hotel and a multi-story car parking facility, and the installation of safety and security systems.
CBL is in the final stages of negotiations with Cardiff Athletic Club over lease extension for Cardiff Arms Park to redevelop the ground.
As of August 2017, CBL and Cardiff Athletic Club are still in discussion over a possible deal. The current lease expires in 2022 so both companies are planning to get a new lease agreed.
The two probable options for the project involves the construction of rugby stadium on 2.8ha of land in Cardiff, the UK.
The US$192 million option one includes the following:
1. Construction of an indoor arena for 15,000 spectators
2. Construction of a retractable pitch
3. Construction of a concert venue
4. Construction of an exhibition center
5. Construction of a multi-story car parking facility
6. Construction of restaurants, bars and coffee shops
7. Installation of safety and security systems
The US$32 million second option includes the following:
1. Construction of a stadium built at 90% degrees to the existing Arms Park arena
2. Construction of a residential building
3. Construction of an office building
4. Construction of a multi-story car parking facility
5. Construction of restaurants, bars and coffee shops
6. Installation of safety and security systemsReasons To Buy
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook