Amtrak – Baltimore Penn Station Mixed-Use Development – Maryland - Project Profile
"Amtrak – Baltimore Penn Station Mixed-Use Development – Maryland - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "Amtrak – Baltimore Penn Station Mixed-Use Development – Maryland - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
The National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak) is planning to undertake the Baltimore Penn Station Mixed-Use project in Maryland, the US.
The project involves the construction of a mixed-use facility over an area of 139,355m2. It includes the construction of three mid-rise apartments on Lanvale Street, two office buildings to be constructed over Amtrak’s air rights between St Paul and Calvert Streets and between Charles Street and Maryland Avenue, ground level retail space, retail space, parking space, and access roads, the renovation of the upper three levels of the station, and the installation of safety and security systems.
Beatty Development Group (BDG) has been appointed as the associated developer for the project.
In the first quarter of 2016, Amtrak invited Request for Information (RFI) from the developers who are interested in developing the project along with BDG. At the result, Over nine companies has expressed interest in developing the project.
On August 19, 2016, Amtrak issued Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for a master developer for Baltimore Penn Station and other mixed-use facilities of the project with submission due date as October 3, 2016. The proposal includes design, construction, financing, operation and also maintenance of the non-rail assets around the station.
In November 2016, Amtrak shortlisted three groups of developers, namely:
1. Penn Station Partners: It includes Beatty Development Group, Armada Hoffler Properties, Cross Street Partners, Gensler, HR&A, JLL, Mace, Network Rail Consulting, Stifel and WSP PB.
2. Peebles-AZ Baltimore Penn: It includes The Peebles Corp,AZ Group, MacFarlane Partner, Consolidated Contractors Group SAL, AECOM Technical Services Inc., Morganti Group, Beyer Blinder Belle Architects & Planners, Lewis Contractors, Williams Jackson Ewing (WJE), Marks Thomas.
3. Brandywine Realty Trust: It includes Brandywine Realty Trust, Pinkard Properties, Perkins Eastman, Ayers Saint Gross, ARUP, Clark Construction, Madison Marquette, Langan Engineering and Environmental Services.
In December 2016, Amtrak issued request for proposal (RFP) to the shortlisted bidders.
Amtrak is in the process of selecting master developer for the project and the contract award is scheduled by the third quarter of 2017. Subject to the selection of master developer, final plans for the first phase of redevelopment will be finalized with construction commencement by 2018.
The project involves the construction of mixed-use facility over an area of 139,355m2 in Baltimore, Maryland, the US.
The US$500 million project includes the following:
1. Renovation of upper three levels of the station
2. Construction of three residential buildings
3. Construction of two office buildings
4. Construction of ground-level shops
5. Construction of parking space
6. Construction of access roads
7. Installation of safety and security systems
Reasons To Buy
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook