Alternative Payment Solution: Sofort
Sofort is a market leader in online banking-based payments in Germany and Austria. It offers both online and mobile payments, enabling shoppers to pay for online purchases directly from their bank accounts.
The company processes more than 3 million transactions a month in its network of more than 35,000 online merchants. This company serves 20 million customers and 13 countries in Europe: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, France, the Netherlands, the UK, Italy, Spain, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
The company is supported by 66 payment providers across Europe, such as PayPro, Payone, Pay.nl, Mollie and SmarttoPay. The company was acquired by the Klarna Group in March 2014 and is now part of the group; however both companies operate under separate brands.
The report provides information and insights into alternative payment solution Sofort, including:
- Detailed insight into its business and geographical presence
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment competitors
- Information on its performance, including its revenue model
- The company's important events and milestones
Reasons To Buy
- This report provides a comprehensive overview of alternative payment solution Sofort, including its operations, history and geographical presence.
- It provides an overview of products and services offered, and explanations on how they work.
- It provides details of financial performance, including revenue models.
- Gain insights into Sofort's business operations, geographical presence and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
- Sofort is a market leader in online banking-based payments in Germany and Austria. It is available in 13 European countries: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, France, the Netherlands, the UK, Italy, Spain, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia and the Czech Republic. The company is headquartered in Germany; it operates sales offices in Poland, Spain and Belgium.
- In march 2015, Germany-based website builder Jimdo included Sofort banking in its portfolio, enabling online merchants from Germany, Switzerland and Austria to offer Sofort online payments to customers.
- Sofort was acquired by Klarna group, a Sweden-based alternative payments provider in March 2014. The acquisition was initiated in December 2013. Both companies operate under separate brands.
- Company Overview
- Geographical Presence
- History Milestones
- Key Acquisitions
- Comparative Assessment with Key Alternative Payment Competitors
- Performance Highlights
- Revenue Models
- Products and Services
- Latest Significant Events