Alternative Payment Solution: Skrill
Skrill is a global payment service specialist that provides digital wallet services to consumers. Skrill also offers a range of other services, including international fund transfers, payments using online banking, prepaid cards and online prepaid vouchers. It also offers merchant services such as payment gateway solutions and payment processing.
The acquisitions of Ukash and Paysafecard helped it gain market share in the prepaid voucher business.
Skrill has expanded its services to 200 countries, allowing consumers to conduct transactions in 40 different currencies. Headquartered in London, it has offices in Europe and the US. In August 2015, Skrill was acquired by Paysafe Group, previously known as Optimal Payments Plc.
The report provides information and insights into alternative payment solution Skrill, including:
- Detailed insight into its business and geographical presence
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment competitors
- Information on its performance, including its revenue model
- The company's important events and milestones
Reasons To Buy
- This report provides a comprehensive overview of alternative payment solution Skrill, including its operations, history and geographical presence.
- It provides an overview of products and services offered, and explanations on how they work.
- It provides details of financial performance, including revenue models.
- Gain insights into Skrill's business operations, geographical presence and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
- Officially launched in 2002, Skrill is now available in 200 markets, supporting payments in 40 different currencies.
- Skrill Group completed the acquisition of UK-based payment provider Ukash. This deal was announced in November 2014. The acquisition helped Skrill to expand its prepaid business by merging it with its Paysafecard businesses.
- In August 2015, Optimal Payments completed the acquisition of Skrill for US$1.2 billion. Following acquisition of Skrill, Optimal Payments changed its name to Paysafe Group, in November 2015.
- Geographical Presence
- History Milestones
- Key Acquisitions
- Competitor Analysis
- Performance Highlights
- Revenue Models
- Products and Services
- Significant Events